Indiansprings hope all is well

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today the area was pretty much clamped down, they had several incidents of looting, douche bags even tried to steal items out of firetrucks.

The weather here was horrible, 2-3 inches of rain, hail off and on all day. Not much could be done in these conditions, lightning was severe. Calling for this kind of weather for the next couple of days.

Weather is supposed to break by Friday, there will be months worth of work. If a person wanted to go and volunteer this weekend would prolly be the best bet. I would be self sufficent, power will still be out in many area, power poles are gone.

The main effort today was searching for survivors in the rubble, 7 were pulled out many are still missing.

17 found alive. I don't know what to think about this. I delivered up to the area hit and didn't go into the hardest hit area. I was actually supposed to deliver the area that was hardest hit, instead the truck never left the building because there is nothing to deliver to. Diamond and Granby and areas surrounding are out of power. Unknown when it will be restored. Have the generator up to get some info off the web. 116 confirmed dead. Found a few pictures of the area. I'll try to get back later.

Joplin Missouri Tornado: Pictures of tornado damage in Joplin, MO - kspr.com

116 dead so far. Not good. Governor is expecting more to be found. Non stop heavy rain, Nasty lightening, and thunder keep hitting. This is a horrible mess. Not only was Joplin affected but several other places just south of me. I'm 60 miles east of Joplin.

If anyone there needs help with anything please pm me. I've got saws, truck, and trailer.

This weather sure isn't helping anything, basically there is going to be a lot of flooding going on in low lying areas. I live on a creek and the bridge that crosses it is normally about 8' higher than the normal water flow, the creek has come up about 9' and no one can cross the bridge because of high water. I've got seven springs on the place with a couple very close to the house, they are the highest, biggest I've ever seen them. My stocked spring pond is over flowing it's banks, prolly going to lose some good fish. I known there is a 12 lbs + rainbow, as he was caught and released last year, hope he stays in.lol

Nothing but heavy rain continuing, with heavy lightning, makes it almost impossible for electrical crews and rescue people to work.
Temp is hovering around 60. I did see on local TV that the emergency shelter set up at the local college did not need or want any more donations at this time, the local response has been overwhelming. It's going to be interesting how they will handle clean up, it looks like you could remove the vehicles and push up whole areas and burn, it will take thousands of semi trash containers to haul off all the debris.

Joplin once was a big lead and zinc mining area and has many acres of mining chat piles/waste ground surrounding it, maybe they will have it hauled to one of those areas to destroy.

I haven't seen any recent posts by Hedgerow, I don't know where he lives exactly. Wondering if he was effected by this disaster. Anybody know something I don't.

Today the area was pretty much clamped down, they had several incidents of looting, douche bags even tried to steal items out of firetrucks.

My goodness, what is wrong with people!:angry: It makes me sick every time I hear about looters after a disaster.

Kevin

It's going to be interesting how they will handle clean up, it looks like you could remove the vehicles and push up whole areas and burn, it will take thousands of semi trash containers to haul off all the debris.

I think what you'll see is FEMA come in with contractors with those giant drum grinders. Trees, telephone poles, houses...at least it reduces the volume they need to landfill.

I haven't seen any recent posts by Hedgerow, I don't know where he lives exactly. Wondering if he was effected by this disaster. Anybody know something I don't.

We're fine here. Just a lot of debris around. And we're a good 10 miles north of the path. Waiting to hear back from a buddy to see when and where I can help. I think they're trying to get some things organized... This weekend should be busy... What a mess...

We're fine here. Just a lot of debris around. And we're a good 10 miles north of the path. Waiting to hear back from a buddy to see when and where I can help. I think they're trying to get some things organized... This weekend should be busy... What a mess...

Good to know, glad you checked in. It does look bad for today. Storms starting to pop in western KS and OK already 4 Tornado warnings given.

Just heard on the weather channel that the nws has upped the joplin tornado to an ef5.

Looks like today is Oklahomas day for dangerous weather.

Last edited:
My heart goes out to everyone affected by the tornado. We had an EF4 come thru here in '98. Completly destroyed everything in it's path. It missed our home but it did get the farmstead with my machine shed and grain handling facilities 1.5 miles west of our house. We lost EVERYTHING that was there. Combine, tractors, planters, grain bins, 2 tractor-trailers, you name it and it was either gone or destroyed onsite. We found 2000# hay bales 3 miles away. We still find pieces of buildings and bins in the fields as far as 2 miles away.

I wish I could get down there and help. Time isn't on my side right now. The help we received from friends and neighbors was priceless. I couldn't believe the people who showed up to help, I attribute it to that good old midwestern work ethic and friendliness.

You guys down there be carefull, get your tetnus shots and wear protective clothing. There is a lot of stuff out there that will creep up on you.

Back