Info on husky 365 please...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluefish

I saw that...
Reaction score
Man I am getting nothing off search on this saw. Guy has one at what I feel is a decent price locally. Would it make a good firewood saw for me? Also what is a fair price for one in pretty good shape? If I am missing any threads point me to them and I will soak it in.
Thanks, Russ

Man I am getting nothing off search on this saw. Guy has one at what I feel is a decent price locally. Would it make a good firewood saw for me? Also what is a fair price for one in pretty good shape? If I am missing any threads point me to them and I will soak it in.
Thanks, Russ

They are a great saw.You can put a 372 top end on it and have a real hot saw!Check ebay to see what they are going for?

They are a great saw. Perfect for firewood cutting. Discontinued last year. around here they go for 250 well used but runs great. To 400 for ones that were homeowner used look like new with a case. I have 2 of them. They will pull up to a 24" bar very well. A 20" bar on them is about perfect. If it runs well and you feel it is a good buy you wont be disappointed.

justtools

I run one everyday...pro grade saw 71cc if its a late model. Thing tears through anything. 20" bar perfect. I also run 372xp's and its almost as powerful. Great saw...about $629 new i think.

The are several different Husqvarna 365's depending on what year?

Up through 1999 there was the plain Husqvarna 365. It had a open port cylinder and the chain adjuster was on the chainsaw crankcase and not outboard on the chain cover.

Then in 2000 there was the 365 Special with a closed port cylinder and the chain adjuster was in the the chain cover. In fact everything about this chainsaw was the same as a 372 except the piston bore was 48mm instead of 50mm like on the 372. The 365SP did not have the heavy duty air filter from the factory like the 372 did..

2010 came the 365XP which should have been called the 365XT for it is a Strato saw. In fact it has the same displacement as the same year 372 which was also a strato chainsaw. The difference being a baffle inside the transfer port covers on the 365XP. These saws are identifiable by the decompression valve is on top of the cylinder and not on the side and the transfer ports have removable covers if you have a tamper proof wrench to undo the screws.

They are a really good firewood saw and would serve you VERY well!!!

Just don't challenge anyone with a 6400 Dolmar to a race with it!

Well, unless you are one of those guys who like a really good spanking!!!LOL

Mike

2010 came the 365XP which should have been called the 365XT for it is a Strato saw. In fact it has the same displacement as the same year 372 which was also a strato chainsaw. The difference being a baffle inside the transfer port covers on the 365XP. These saws are identifiable by the decompression valve is on top of the cylinder and not on the side and the transfer ports have removable covers if you have a tamper proof wrench to undo the screws.

The new 365 is not a XP.

You are correct. It is just a Husqvarna 365 with no suffix.

Identifiable from the original 365 of the 90's by the compression release being on top of the cylinder and the removable transfer covers and by the age of the chainsaw

212602d1324498990-365-004-jpg

They are a really good firewood saw and would serve you VERY well!!!

Just don't challenge anyone with a 6400 Dolmar to a race with it!

Well, unless you are one of those guys who like a really good spanking!!!LOL

Mike

Or unless you just happened to have bolted on a 372 top end ported and shaved.:hmm3grin2orange:

They are very good saws, and I can not add much to the information that other members have given you, other than to say I have had two 365s, they have given no trouble at all, and they are second only to the 372 XP for the kind of work I do.

Which is cutting firewood to heat my house, and collecting Husqvarna chain saws I guess.

Like the others have said, fantastic saw! One very important note though, be sure your buying a genuine Husky not a Chinese knock off. The fakes are out there and people have been fooled before. Plenty of reading on this topic as well.

Thanks for the warning. The Guy said it was at least 5 years old but I have the fake serial number written down and know about the spelling differences on the mfg plate. I outed a Guy on CL recently asking big bucks for one. Thanks Russz

You are correct. It is just a Husqvarna 365 with no suffix.

Identifiable from the original 365 of the 90's by the compression release being on top of the cylinder and the removable transfer covers and by the age of the chainsaw

212602d1324498990-365-004-jpg

+ it say "x-torq" on the starter cover label, in small print - and is heavier.

I weighed my 365 Special and got 14.4 lbs

Ehhhh, 365's cut fair

[video=youtube;T15xAScnu9o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T15xAScnu9o[/video]

Now that IS special! Thanks for putting that up TK. Russ

But I can't lead you to believe that is a 365 anymore that just wouldn't be right lol, it's more like a 375 now ;)

Exceptionally special! Been up north lately? Russ

Last weekend I made it up to the Lincoln area, nephew's 1st birthday. Probably head back up that way in a few weeks time. Finishing up the FIL's Jonsered 670 restoration so he can give it to his son. Hope to make it up that way quite a few times this year, we'll see what happens though.

Latest posts

Back