Inside the Husqvarna 550XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brad is going on vacation. You'll have to wait for his return to learn anything here.

I'll be gone this weekend too.

I'll agree with you on how easy the new husky's are to work on. Nice & well thought out. The only gripe I had on the 562 was the piston pin clips didn't have a tang on them. My fat fingers & those tangless clips don't get along very well. especially the small ones.:angry2:

Checking my 562 today, the carb is labeled REV F, not sure what that denotes? Could someone check a 545?? TK?

I'll have to check another time, I'm away from the shop at the moment. Maybe tomorrow or Sunday. It sounds meaningless at this point, more of a manufacturer note than anything.

wtf?

no needles eh? Must be some kind of valves in the black box?

I know right? I've tried to explain it to people before. Nothing like needles, more like valves controlled by servos.

[video=youtube_share;7NNMeKIfUK4]http://youtu.be/7NNMeKIfUK4[/video]

Exhaust roughed in.

DSC_0234 by mweba1, on Flickr

For the displacement of this cylinder, the tranfers are huge. Smoothed everything out, removing casting lines and stretching the ports.

DSC_0235 by mweba1, on Flickr

DSC_0236 by mweba1, on Flickr

Also lifted the skirt where it cradles the lowers.

Tell us more about that diagnostic system Mitch.....

I want one ya know.

Will add a write up and possible did tomorrow. Wish I had mor time to play with it. Scarr wanted me to get him the flash code to disect. Add that to my long list of **** I need to get done:dizzy:

I'll start it off at least. Had to fire up the lap top....pain to respond on muh phone.

The tool allows the ability to flash new software to the "ecu" as well access to error codes. The error codes are much like early obd system. They tell you when and at what point the system is out of its parameters/ability. Example would be an air leak. The ecu will throw a code stating that the needed fuel mixture is outside of its ability. Also you can see the end users habits. The amount of time at a given rpm is recorded and throttle position. You can basically show a customer what he was doing in the last run period.

Another handy tool is tech notes. When the saw is hooked up, you can write any thing you'd like in the history. Say its Jim Bob's saw that you send out and it comes back for work. When you hook up to the carb your previous notes come up on screen. Example, Testing for air leak, right trans cap was replaced. If the saw comes back with a leak code, you know what was already done.

I'm tired more later :rock:

If its just a valve or solenoid that controls fuel. Most likely its just a duty cycle controlled solenoid, meaning it just gets a series of on off commands, depending on how many on or off's it gets will vary the amount the solenoid is open or closed, so basically is just turning the solenoid on and off very fast. Would be cool to hook up a lab scope to it to see what its exactly doing.

Oh, nice thread BTW.

Latest posts

Back