Inside the Husqvarna 550XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
belgian

belgian

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
If its just a valve or solenoid that controls fuel. Most likely its just a duty cycle controlled solenoid, meaning it just gets a series of on off commands, depending on how many on or off's it gets will vary the amount the solenoid is open or closed, so basically is just turning the solenoid on and off very fast. Would be cool to hook up a lab scope to it to see what its exactly doing.

Oh, nice thread BTW.

Indeed.

Looks like the good old days of carb tuning with a tiny screwdriver are over with them autotunes. Is there anything a simple man can adjust to this type of carb ? :confused:
Sorry if this has been talked over already before, but I have not been much on AS lately.

Dan_IN_MN

Dan_IN_MN

Addicted to ArboristSite
If its just a valve or solenoid that controls fuel. Most likely its just a duty cycle controlled solenoid, meaning it just gets a series of on off commands, depending on how many on or off's it gets will vary the amount the solenoid is open or closed, so basically is just turning the solenoid on and off very fast. Would be cool to hook up a lab scope to it to see what its exactly doing.

Oh, nice thread BTW.

Sounds like the fuel injectors in an automobile engine.

mweba

mweba

Addicted to ArboristSite
Isn't it cute?

4bf5da84-2b74-5891.jpg

heimannm
Hey Mitch - I took a few saws out to Ericksen's this morning before it warmed up too much. One day I will bring the 850, SP81, and the 7900 out and we can see how they compare.

Still a lot of other projects setting around so I won't get bored any time soon, and I added AC to the shop so I'll be comfortable while I'm out there.

And just to confirm what the other have been saying, great thread and great work. I won't claim to understand half of what you are talking about, but it is very well done in any case. Seems like even the modern chain saw has more computing power than the Apollo space craft had.

Mark

Tzed250

Tzed250

Addicted to ArboristSite
Hey Mitch - I took a few saws out to Ericksen's this morning before it warmed up too much. One day I will bring the 850, SP81, and the 7900 out and we can see how they compare.

Still a lot of other projects setting around so I won't get bored any time soon, and I added AC to the shop so I'll be comfortable while I'm out there.

And just to confirm what the other have been saying, great thread and great work. I won't claim to understand half of what you are talking about, but it is very well done in any case. Seems like even the modern chain saw has more computing power than the Apollo space craft had.

Mark

All is good, as long as Mitch doesn't get a Main Bus B undervolt...

mweba

mweba

Addicted to ArboristSite

Mark

Heading to town in the morning if your brain is available for picking, I'll stop.

Only thing accomplished today was the piston work. I got destracted by a big block Chevy on Craigslist. Made two stops for fuel on the way home:taped:

Jacob J.
Indeed.

Looks like the good old days of carb tuning with a tiny screwdriver are over with them autotunes. Is there anything a simple man can adjust to this type of carb ? :confused:
Sorry if this has been talked over already before, but I have not been much on AS lately.

No worries Roland. There should be enough old saws around to keep an old dinosaur like yourself in good repair for the rest of your days... :)

ChainFinn

ChainFinn

ArboristSite Operative
Wasnt there something with 550 & 560 XP´s....that the "computer" starts to adjust the saw, as well as collect data up, after certain run time and R.P.M´s... somehow i think there was. Bu i am always wrong :msp_biggrin:

mweba

mweba

Addicted to ArboristSite
Also for those concerned, in approx two weeks a nice 346xp built by Mr Snelling will be in the classifieds :msp_wink: