Inside the "Triple Nickel"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because chain speed is chain speed.

That why a 395 ain't much faster than a 346 in small wood.

If the saw has to power to pull the chain at the same speed as the bigger, or more powerful saw.....well, there won't be much gain.

Posting videos of an ongoing project is a tricky thing. Sometimes the gains are hard to see in a chunk of wood.....but they make the saw a hell of a lot more fun to run, less touchy in the cut, etc.
I was refering to the 555 and 562. I have read so many comments that they are hardly different in the cut.

And I understand that the vids are a tricky thing, that was why I am asking. A few are now comenting that transfer covers are one of the "majic" properties in the difference, yet in comparrison between 555 & 562 would that be enough?
And I also understand that gains are sometimes hard to see in a chunk of wood! Or else I wouldn't have added the following comment.
... But as Brad has already noted he saw an improvement. So maybe there is still more to it. But since the modifications have already progressed so far we will never find out.
But in the end it is all about the gains in a chunk off wood...

Some people just have to hate by nature. Must be a miserable life. Too bad he can't understand doing it just because it's something you enjoy. I've been doing build thread much longer than I've been a sponsor.
No reason at all to justify yourself! You do what you do, any one unhappy doesn't have to visit this thread!

What I'm trying to explain is why the 555 and 562 are close in cut speed.

They both will spin the chain at X speed. When the difference in power becomes apparent is in larger wood.
Ok! About what size are we talking about? I presume a 20 inch bar will be the same but after 24 the difference emerges, or even longer? Or in other words with a 20 inch I could file away the rackers on a 562 but couldn't do that on a 555?

That is complete bull **** Niko. I do wish you would stop telling the world that bit of rubbish.
Design patents!
Are you also going to argue that 2-mix and the spring av isn't also bought from husky?
Over here (UK) Stihl will quite happily tell you that it is rented, but they'll also point out that they own zama (but use walbro in the m-tronic carbs) and also the elastostart thing on the t540.

But thank you for the thread brad, we eventually got to the bit I wanted to see ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was gone for a few days and missed all this fun, hey chuck what up ,"I have a potty mouth"............................................................................................................................................................................................................................ squirrel >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The MS261CM has a Zama.

You guys are so full of ****.

Yet the 241m, 441 and 661 I've seen all had walbro.

If you want to disagree fine, but why is autotune patented but m-tronic only trade-marked?

Also, you can check various patent listings, I did before posting the reply. So I believe this time, you're full of it! ;)

20140209078 <- autotune that's currently used
20140183315 <- magnet and sensor for the adjustment whilst running
20130332049 <- Rev-limiting autotune
20130133618 <- autotune memory/stats
20120318143 <- the current x-torq
20120304966 <- ignition timing control
20100011597 <- more autotune stuff!
20090145399 <- an autotune patent (this is what Stihl use)
20080302345 <- older form of the new x-torq

Oddly, Stihl own the patent for the x-torq that the 372xp uses:
But this patent only happened in 2010, so I assume it must have been sold and transferred into Stihl's name

I was gone for a few days and missed all this fun, hey chuck what up ,"I have a potty mouth"............................................................................................................................................................................................................................ squirrel >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Yo Yo Yo waddup T...!!!

How's yer hammer ben hangin' these days mang....?!

Yet the 241m, 441 and 661 I've seen all had walbro.

If you want to disagree fine, but why is autotune patented but m-tronic only trade-marked?

Also, you can check various patent listings, I did before posting the reply. So I believe this time, you're full of it! ;)

20140209078 <- autotune that's currently used
20140183315 <- magnet and sensor for the adjustment whilst running
20130332049 <- Rev-limiting autotune
20130133618 <- autotune memory/stats
20120318143 <- the current x-torq
20120304966 <- ignition timing control
20100011597 <- more autotune stuff!
20090145399 <- an autotune patent (this is what Stihl use)
20080302345 <- older form of the new x-torq

Oddly, Stihl own the patent for the x-torq that the 372xp uses:
But this patent only happened in 2010, so I assume it must have been sold and transferred into Stihl's name

But......but......but........

I've got nada. :laugh:

Latest posts

Back