Introducing Brand New Wood Furnace to Market - The Drolet Tundra!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I figured it out, I was on two other sites that said out of stock until Jan. 12th 2015! The Rural King site shows that all the Drolet products are factory shipped and out of stock :eek: Must be swamped! Think I'll go throw another log in the Yukon now...

Has anything changed on the tundra. I saw one in medards, it looked different then the one I bought last year.

I ordered one a couple weeks ago from menards but havent went and picked it up yet. The guy said they fixed some issues that the previous ones had but i didnt talk to him much about it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Has anything changed on the tundra. I saw one in medards, it looked different then the one I bought last year.
What looked different? Do you have the Tundra or Heatmax? They are different colors I believe, maybe there's more?

I have the tundra, the new one seemed smaller in size. I never measured it.

I have one sitting in my garage. Ordered it from Menards..still in the crate need to find time to at least uncrate it and look it over.

hey measure yours and include the door. I like mine it works good. I think the ash box is smaller on the new model. I never put the update kit in mine since I just shovel the ash out. I see no reason to llift that heavy box out of the stove.

I'll have to do that tonight when I get home from work. Been itching to take a look at it anyway. The unit on display looked small to me too but I'm used to feeding a Yukon super jack.

I ordered my on 11/15 from Menards - they said 7 days or 11/22. Order tracker has not moved from order placed. :-( I was really hoping to install it this weekend. A January delivery will be problematic for me....

Update: Menards order tracker says my Tundra is in transit :)
I guess there must still be some in their system.

Got some measurements. 29.5" long 26" wide 39.5" tall. Door glass is 12.25" x 10" including the arch at the top. Door opening is 13.5 x 11.25". Can't wait to get this thing installed!

Did you buy the Tundra? Thanks though I talked with the sbi tech and he had me switch my thermostat to a different one that has a swing setting and he had me set it to 2 degree swing now I'm back to a full 10 hour burn. He said that sometimes people have issues with burn times on the thermostats that run on cycles per hour.
I have a question for you. When you changed the thermostat did you also change back to the 200 deg high limit snap disc? Or are you still running the 160? I ordered my Tundra through Menards with the filter kit and it came with the 200 deg limit switch install on top. I'm having a tough time getting more that 7 hours of burn time with dry hardwoods. I'm getting really nice secondary burns. My house is 980 sq/ft. Its not insulated as its a brick on terracotta house, But I do have the attic insulated. I have a barometric damper installed and no 90's two 45's. I live in Pittsburgh, PA. I'm thinking I need to lower my high limit because when my thermostat calls for heat it has the draft opened for almost 35-40 mins to get the house back to 71-72.

Also for those of you that have changed to the adjustable thermodisc 3505-1 is it flush on the bottom? The one I pick up from a local HVAC supply house is protruding about 0.250 past the mounting flange. Is this safe to mount right on the jacket and use spacers or did I buy the wrong one? Sorry for the questions but I have never dealt with thermodisc's.

Anyone having any issues with there heatmax or tundra? Check your units over with light and tell me if anyone notices any problems with theirs. Just curious on how they are holding up for people on there 2nd+ year.

Anyone having any issues with there heatmax or tundra? Check your units over with light and tell me if anyone notices any problems with theirs. Just curious on how they are holding up for people on there 2nd+ year.
2nd year. No problems that I notice.

hey measure yours and include the door. I like mine it works good. I think the ash box is smaller on the new model. I never put the update kit in mine since I just shovel the ash out. I see no reason to llift that heavy box out of the stove.
Did you ever get a chance to measure your tundra and compare specs?

Ordered mine on the 15th from Menards, it arrived on the 22nd just like they said it would. Menards guy couldn't find it on their website either, but they have a display unit and it does come up in the store inventory system.

Anybody know what's up with the Tundra? I told someone to check 'em out at Menerds, but now they don't list them on their site anymore. I just checked at the Northern tool site, it said no longer available...?

When you let your tundra shut down do you leave the air intake open or do you close it? I looked in the book but it doesn't say.

My measurements are the same as yours. Must look different in the store.

Ordered mine on the 15th from Menards, it arrived on the 22nd just like they said it would. Menards guy couldn't find it on their website either, but they have a display unit and it does come up in the store inventory system.
Yeah, I looked a couple days later and they were back on Menards site... I dunno o_O

Back