Introduction & Seeking input on a dilemma

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The price on 460"s really seem to be on their way down lately too.
Yeah i agree with you there the 460 i also like better than a 660. Performance to weight ratio the 460 isnt much less power stock saw to stock saw. Plus it is not a strato engine

:reading::confused::baba:. Uh, Fellas; ya'll were suppose to make this easy for me. I had my wallet out and ready to plop down some $$$$ as an investment in a quality saw that will last me 20 years. I went from used 441 vs new 372, to 441 vs 372 vs 044 vs 460 vs 576 vs 046 vs 440 + a 7910 thrown in = 395 / 461. I either just filed my taxes, gave out the gate combo to Fort Knox, or disproved the Pythagorean Theorem.

Now, my wallet is semi-sorta-firmly-almost-closed-halfway (my wife says "Thank ya'll!") and I am thinking about buying a MS261 while I continue my search for a larger saw.

In all seriousness gentlemen, thanks for the input; keep it coming.

:reading::confused::baba:. Uh, Fellas; ya'll were suppose to make this easy for me. I had my wallet out and ready to plop down some $$$$ as an investment in a quality saw that will last me 20 years. I went from used 441 vs new 372, to 441 vs 372 vs 044 vs 460 vs 576 vs 046 vs 440 + a 7910 thrown in = 395 / 461. I either just filed my taxes, gave out the gate combo to Fort Knox, or disproved the Pythagorean Theorem.

Now, my wallet is semi-sorta-firmly-almost-closed-halfway (my wife says "Thank ya'll!") and I am thinking about buying a MS261 while I continue my search for a larger saw.

Just know, it never really gets any easier. Your always gonna want one that's bigger, better, faster, lighter, stronger, and cheaper. You've been infected (CAD)!!! Just keep coming to this support group for help.

There's a supernice MS460 right here in the Trading Post for $675.00 (I think) from member Tyrel....check it out...

Ok the still ms880 you wont get much bigger than that and it will have no problem with a smaller bar. But a ported 60 to 70 cc saw will do you wonders and be light enough to not hurt you. Dont underestimate a ported saw. Not just a muff mod saw

I have been eyeballing that post from Tyrel. But being new here its hard to know who to trust and who will stand tall. It looks like a good saw for a fair price.

The Dolmar is intriguing (and I like unique/little known quality brands) but, as far as I can tell, no dealer support anywhere near me. And no used ones to be found.

MS880 is WAY overkill. I started out on this adventure to buy a MS362, and then I stumble in here (SMDH) and the next thing I know I am looking at 460s and 576s.

I had planned on the 261 next, but it may get moved ahead of the larger saw while I search for a good unit.

I have been eyeballing that post from Tyrel. But being new here its hard to know who to trust and who will stand tall. It looks like a good saw for a fair price.

The Dolmar is intriguing (and I like unique/little known quality brands) but, as far as I can tell, no dealer support anywhere near me. And no used ones to be found.

MS880 is WAY overkill. I started out on this adventure to buy a MS362, and then I stumble in here (SMDH) and the next thing I know I am looking at 460s and 576s.

I had planned on the 261 next, but it may get moved ahead of the larger saw while I search for a good unit.
Yeah the 460 is a good overall work horse and it should last you many years. It will take on anything you can throw at it

When you get back to looking, I would get a 390xp, a lot of saw for the money. I run a 28" bar on a ported 460 and it does fine but it's an expensive way to go. For the same money, I could have gone the 390 route and ended up with more saw.

Ok the still ms880 you wont get much bigger than that and it will have no problem with a smaller bar. But a ported 60 to 70 cc saw will do you wonders and be light enough to not hurt you. Dont underestimate a ported saw. Not just a muff mod saw
I'm holding out fer a 090.

Back