Iowa Charity Cut -

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2xl will be fine then! Can't wait to eat some peanut butter cookies!!!!

Not a chance, they are all mine!

userapa8.jpg

About a month til the GTG! Not long now!!! I'm stocking up on peanut butter tomorrow night at Sam's Club! LOL!
Yummy!!! I'm coming for the cookies and maybe to cut a little wood. But mostly the cookies.

PS: doug saved me about 2 months worth of land clearing in 2.5 hrs today!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410138159.165865.jpg

Everything looked like the left of the pic below... Got the whole hill cleared in 1 afternoon! Yea!!!!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410138173.070958.jpg

Side bonus was fining about 1/2-3/4 cord of hard dry wood! :)

The hillside was very dense with brush. Remember a year ago the bottom was just as thick and now it looks great with mowed grassy areas. The more you clear the more mowing you will have to do in the future. But it does look so much better.
Who said anything about grass??? I'm rolling in with dump trailers full of logs and dropping them all over so I can have a field of logs to cut for boiler food.

In all seriousness though I'll try have have this place all shop shape for next fall and I can hold the 2015 fall iowa gtg back here again...

If you look to the far right of my above pic you'll see the same brush pile/bonfire pile. It's clear in the back to the right of the tree but its the same pile for point of reference.

A picture from Nathans gtg last fall. You can see how dense it was then.
33c6b06a0115cc91cdb37aca649203bd.jpg

A year ago there were a few less leaves I think... Whether is was extra rain this year and less dry last year, or possibly later in fall time.

Sometimes a thread can stay on the first page for days & at other times it can be on page 5 by the end of the day.

Feel this is one that should stay on the first page as much as possible.

I really hate I have not been able to make any charity cuts this fall. Plan to make it it to Hedgefest & it may be the only thing until after the first of the year. Very busy fall!

PM an admin and they can sticky it until event is over. At least they used to... Darrin calling you out... Sticky us please!?!?

Back