Iowa Charity Cut -

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doug, what is the sample rate of the video?
Very interesting to watch the pile of split wood grow!

Sample rate this year was one picture every 5.0 seconds. In 2014 the rate was one every 0.5 seconds. Battery life was about the same. But this year I had lots of memory card left. 64 Gig card. Used about 8 gig this year.

Click the HD button for better video quality.

743079b9e55e858d417d7bb6654f1010.jpg
0a1bb1e742bd649f94f7fab36984e4e7.jpg

I got home about 1 hr ago, thanks for the good food & hospitality!! I think I forgot to Thank You, yesterday in person, so Thanks!

Glad I made the trip with Paul, had a lot of fun cutting wood, ran about 10 tanks threw my 3 saws all combined, was a blast!!

Thanks,
Matt
I'm glad to see you and Paul got your fill of trigger time for a while..
You all will be jonesing for more come the next one!!!

Great pictures everyone, way better than anything I got. Now my wife knows where I was Saturday anyway.:eek: Best bunch of people anywhere. The idea was to have several splitters pulling chunks off my trailer also, to add to the elevator. We keep gettin better every time. Sure nice gettin to know everyone better. Best hosts anywhere. Lotsa hard work in that pile. Thanks to all the splitter people, I couldn't have done what you did all day.:bowdown: Everyone have a good one:clap: Ya I'm on midnites again.:nofunny:

I'm glad to see you and Paul got your fill of trigger time for a while..
You all will be jonesing for more come the next one!!!

I'm happy with what I got for sure.
Hadn't scratched that itch that much for a long time

In ready to go again today.
Just that drive is a killer

50 cord is pretty massive and great job to all that got their hands dirty this weekend (including the cooks!). It's amazing to think we processed all that wood without a firewood processor. I'm lucky to make 1 - 1.5 cord a weekend much less 50 in 1 day!

I think we can definitely do 70-75 cord next year. Just need 10 more willing people to help keep the splitters running full time. I think it would be easy enough on the same setup to put a big hydro (or two) on the south side of the small conveyor and keep the big wood on the 2nd trailer running too. Like it was previously mentioned there was probably another 20+ cord blocked up and sitting there waiting on Doug and the TM splitter.

I should have my hydro done by the time the next one rolls around!! :cool:

Is there a final pic of the pile.....that was taken after the group pic? If there was I missed it.

Back