Is anybody else ready for winter.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

komatsuvarna

Arboristsite MVP
Reaction score
Its barely summer, and im over it. To hot to work, even though i still have too. SNAKES crawing around( I HATE SNAKES.....BAD). Mowing the yard twice a week. Im ready for cooler weather.:givebeer:

the humidity is killer around here, it sucks, soaked through underwear and jeans in a couple hours. 2-3 shirts a day
i hate the humidity , and the worst is still to come

I'm itching to get out and cut wood, but my spare time is taken up with yard work, gardening, long overdue home repair, cleaning the garage, cleaning the barn, etc. Thank goodness I'm not married--I can't take a "honey do" list on top of my own insanity.

Not me,,I love the summer season.All my hobbies require warm weather to be enjoyable.Ever tried riding a Harley when its 20 degrees,believe me it isnt very fun.I'd rather complain about the heat than the cold anyday..

Nope, I loves me a good winter, but since summer here is roughly 3 weeks long, I'll hang onto it as long as I can!

Putting the beer on ice is easier by setting it outside the fish house, but it tastes ohh so much better grabbed fresh outta the cooler when it's 80° outside.

My woodcutting does go by the wayside this time of year though, too f'n hot and humid most of the time to be working on '12's firewood. Any free scores I get this time of year get cut and blocked and I'll split it when it cools off. Matter of fact, got a trailer load outside staring at me, but I just stare back right now!

There's not a single season I'd give up to hurry toward another season. They all have things I love. Spring is spring, and things are starting to grow. It's also the season I do my firewood cutting for next winter and plant gardens.

Summer is watching gardens grow. Weeding, fertilizing, watering. Also tons of ongoing gardening and outdoor home construction projects.

Fall is harvest. Fall is hunting. Fall is leaves turning and brisk days that snap and crackle. Fall is my favorite season of the year.

Winter is watching last spring's wood burn, knowing my home is snug and warm, that I have indoor handyman/construction projects to keep me in business all winter.

And 365 days of the year are for photography, fishing, family, beer. How could I wish away a single day?

I could handle 9 month's of winter, 3 days of this weather (hot) that we are having now, and then the rest spring/fall

the 3 days of warm are to remind me why I hate it so much....

I thought I was the only one who was ready for fall and cooler weather already errrrr , I guess I was ready about May 1st. My favorite seasons in order:
1) Fall- leaves, football, first fires
2) Winter- fires every day
3) Spring- last few fires
4) Summer- A/C on all the time- have to pay the power folks )-:

Nope, I loves me a good winter, but since summer here is roughly 3 weeks long, I'll hang onto it as long as I can!

Putting the beer on ice is easier by setting it outside the fish house, but it tastes ohh so much better grabbed fresh outta the cooler when it's 80° outside.

My woodcutting does go by the wayside this time of year though, too f'n hot and humid most of the time to be working on '12's firewood. Any free scores I get this time of year get cut and blocked and I'll split it when it cools off. Matter of fact, got a trailer load outside staring at me, but I just stare back right now!

I would love your summer 80 degrees crap its 80 a 4:00am. I hate what is likely coming this year prolly 106 for two months straight then factor in humidity :cry: It ain't too bad yet 93 and 102 heat index but it ain't far away. I really need a good north gig in summer and customers here that will call in winter.

If I was really ready for winter, I would move someplace, where it was winter all the time. I love the season changes, here in Kentucky.

There's not a single season I'd give up to hurry toward another season. They all have things I love. Spring is spring, and things are starting to grow. It's also the season I do my firewood cutting for next winter and plant gardens.

Summer is watching gardens grow. Weeding, fertilizing, watering. Also tons of ongoing gardening and outdoor home construction projects.

Fall is harvest. Fall is hunting. Fall is leaves turning and brisk days that snap and crackle. Fall is my favorite season of the year.

Winter is watching last spring's wood burn, knowing my home is snug and warm, that I have indoor handyman/construction projects to keep me in business all winter.

And 365 days of the year are for photography, fishing, family, beer. How could I wish away a single day?

I agree with that sentiment. :cheers:

My brother moved to Phoenix after living all his life around the greenery of PA hills, forests, and four seasons. To avoid getting too homesick, he takes a trip up to Flagstaff every now and then to see, forests, greenery, and snow.

I'm not overly impressed with any season in particular. As george carlin used to say, this is not the work of an all powerful, all loving creator-more like the work of an office temp with a bad attitude. I'm just about sick of everything, and muslims can kiss my ass starting with the one destroying this country from within that braindead soccer moms, illegal aliens, minorities with their sizeable hands out, and guilty white folk elected. So to the op's original question. Yea, I wish it was about 50 degrees and I'd start a small fire. Summer is barely worth sparing the sun's life. It's too close, and if it gets too hot, I will be forced to open fire on the sun. It's a bigger flamer than richard simmons for christ's sake.

:agree2::agree2::agree2::agree2: The most truest statement made on this post so far. Every day is as enjoyable as you make it. With proper planning and common sense there should be no reason why every season isn't enjoyed to the max. Where I live, we definately get the brunt of the 4 seasons, from 100 in the summer to -30 in the winter and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Just my .02.

Not me,,I love the summer season.All my hobbies require warm weather to be enjoyable.Ever tried riding a Harley when its 20 degrees,believe me it isnt very fun.I'd rather complain about the heat than the cold anyday..

I couldn't have said it better. Everything comes to life .So much stuff going on . Winter is depressing.

What are you talkin about? We are still burning in the wood stove and it's June!!
I don't know if Summer will get here but you can push some of the sunshine our way.

Back