Is anyone familiar with Miller Band Mill?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never heard of 'em. Mill looks workable with honda GC power? I can see why the loaded that little log up on the trailer-getting logs up there would be a chore. For any track bandmill though you'll have to move logs. You'd need a loader for big logs. I still prefer the Ripsaw concept of slicing the log where it lays: No big equipment needed to move logs just slice it where it lies. Planks and smaller beams much easier to move then. Lucas mill is another option that can be set up around the log. Sure you can drag logs if you don't have a loader but they pick up dirt that way. It also appeared awkward working up on the trailer maybe some decking to facilitate walking around. Keep looking at videos and comparing you'll find something that will work for you. My 2C

I thought the cross members looked a little lite for larger timbers. Working on the tailer looks very cumbersome from the video, but I would want to work as close to the ground as possible. I think they just put the unit on the trailer for the demo they were doing... the unit itself doesn't look "trailerable". As far as I can tell the only problem might be the size of those cross members. I know that a 36" log that is 20 foot long is seriously heavy (my tractor would not be able to lift it). Otherwise the price seem very reasonable...

Latest posts

Back