"Is it worth" thread: Stihl MS310 for $325

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Use my MS390 primarily for work on larger palms so the mag case saws don't get wrecked.
For this purpose it has been outstanding. Plenty of power, esp after the muff mod.
The 310 and 390 are good saws. However when I'm not working on palms, rubber trees etc it stays in the workshop...
Good advice above, hold out for a decent second hand 60-70cc pro saw that has some local dealer support for the brand you choose.

Gents,
I'm eyeing an MS310 on CL - the guy wants $330 for it. I plan on using it to cut around 10 cords/year of oak firewood.

What do you think - is this saw worth $330?
qcRJ4bh.jpg

KqZz2HV.jpg
I have a 310. Use to cut 4 to 5 cods of firewood each year. Never had any problem. When I bought it I had them swap out the 20" bar and replace with a 16" bar. A shorter bar cuts faster. I had an Echo saw I bought in 1978. I used it for 25 years. Gave it to my son. It still runs and cuts great. Do not buy a new Echo, plastic parts. I would shop around for the best price or just offer less.

As it turned out I have slightly more than $200 in my 039 but it turns out also to be one of my favorite saws to use! It's not the prettiest thing but it does cut the firewood well...

Attachments

• 039-1.JPG
    039-1.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
  • 039-2.JPG
    039-2.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
There's a 261 and my local pawn Shop.
Its listed at 299. I thought about buying it till I noticed it had a .325 bar

I have a 310. Use to cut 4 to 5 cods of firewood each year. Never had any problem. When I bought it I had them swap out the 20" bar and replace with a 16" bar. A shorter bar cuts faster. I had an Echo saw I bought in 1978. I used it for 25 years. Gave it to my son. It still runs and cuts great. Do not buy a new Echo, plastic parts. I would shop around for the best price or just offer less.
The cs 590 has less plastic than a 310. And for under $400 you can buy a new one with 5 year warranty.

Back