Is New Husky Chain At Dealers ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most off China is true third world. Only the major cities have risen above that.
Saudi Arabia is a third world country, yet rich as can be. Its an outdated model. The model was for countries not cities.
A third world country would be a country in the late 1940 that was not aligned with Allied (first world) or communist (second world) countries.

Utilising today definitions of a third world country the most prevalent factors is the lack of a middle class and an ever growing debt ratio.

Sound familiar?

I didn't say anything about us getting ready to plunge back into the dark ages. Just that the people if China that are still working in the rice patties live on a dollar a day

It will be interesting when it happens, but I don't see anything groundbreaking coming from it. Chain is chain. We're at the point where if it's any sharper, it's softer. If it's any harder, it's duller. Overall cutter design is what it is. I just care that's it's at least as good as what comes on the saws now. Definitely don't want to have to replace any stock chains on a saw.
Yes, softer=easy to sharpen, harder=more difficult to sharpen. Ted did say the Husky branded chain was more difficult to file. I suggested he try some Stihl files, they seem more aggressive to me.

Yes, softer=easy to sharpen, harder=more difficult to sharpen. Ted did say the Husky branded chain was more difficult to file. I suggested he try some Stihl files, they seem more aggressive to me.

With the files we get here, it seems to be the other way around. I don't think the Husky and Stihl branded files are the same on all markets?

What chain is harder to file seems to depend on more than the hardness of the steel, like the thickness of the chrome. Stihl chain have thicker chrome, which also means it can't get quite as sharp, as you can't file the chrome. Some Rockwell tests I have seen actually said that the steel in Oregon chain is harder than in Stihl chain.

There are several factors that can be discussed - but what matters the most in practical cutting is keeping the chain out of any dirt anyway.....

With the files we get here, it seems to be the other way around. I don't think the Husky and Stihl branded files are the same on all markets?
There are several factors that can be discussed - but what matters the most in practical cutting is keeping the chain out of any dirt anyway.....
And in the river bottoms where I sometimes cut the dirt is already in the bark.

Back