Is the 066Mag the king of all chain saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lbeside the lake guy...I just phoned ya and pm'ed ya about a pretty flower...of the flora kind..not fauna....oh well.

Here's what my "king of saws" did yesterday (with a little help from me).
Try this with your 455 sappy...

Only the stack in the foreground - the rest was other days... Western Bigleaf maple (Acer Macrophyllum). All 10 feet long and sawn to 5/4. Some are 20 inches wide.

attachment.php

Look at this cool color - This is maple after all, not walnut. It's not uncommon to see this type of maple with spalting, but this is a real sound piece of wood. Can't wait for it to dry in a year or two.

attachment.php

And the scrap goes to the wood pile...

attachment.php

Last edited:
wow

Thats a plie of wood. Lake remind me never to loan you my saw, you would work it to death,haha. Wait a minute, hell I forgot, I got a King too,hehe

rbtree said:
lbeside the lake guy...I just phoned ya and pm'ed ya about a pretty flower...of the flora kind..not fauna....oh well.

I replied.... check your email... Got guests (I'm taking a few minute computer break!) so I'll listen to the message later.

THALL10326 said:
Thats a plie of wood. Lake remind me never to loan you my saw, you would work it to death,haha. Wait a minute, hell I forgot, I got a King too,hehe

Pulled the muffler off the King today just to be sure... waste of time... 45 hours of milling in hardwood and I can stihl see the machining marks on the piston!

I need a bigger barn... and you can't even see the 2000 bd foot of Doug fir to the right in this picture!

attachment.php

Last edited:
Hey Lake, what kinda mill are you running that 066 on? That there is some good lookin lumber.......:clap:

RD

04ultra said:
THALL time we take our scoot's on a road trip out to Andys... Sturgis on the way home..LOL

I have the room and beer, lots of beer.. and a few bottles of the harder stuff for social occassions

04ultra said:
THALL time we take our scoot's on a road trip out to Andys... Sturgis on the way home..LOL
Whatcha mean take our scoots, aren't you gonna let me ride on the back? I want everyone for 3000 miles to see something on the back of my jacket, hint, look to the left,lololololololol

rbtree said:
Poor Jiminy Cwicket...:buttkick:

Rb I understand someone over in another site was trying to tutor you on how to bring down a tree or something. How'd all that turn out? I was gonna sit back and read it but I was busy leaving a TRAIL,hehe

Three cheers for the Stihl 066, the queen of chainsaws...and all it's fangirls.

HIP HIP HOORAY!!!
HIP HIP HOORAY!!!
HIP HIP HOORAY!!!

(Now scream like little girls) WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

I think it's getting time for reinstalling some good old american traditions. Who has tar and feathers ?:rockn:

Might just book a flight to watch this event and have a reel good beer afterwards, and enjoying the good feeling.
Ha, if only...
Roland

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back