Is the Stihl 026c a professional saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlovington

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Looking at a saw on ebay, a Stihl 026c and I was wonder if this is or was in the professional line? I was watching a 036 but it is going for a little too much for me and it looks as if the 026c might be going under the radar. Thanks in advance....David

Yep its a pro built saw but if it dont have pro on the cover you just dont get the adjustable oiler or i think the de-comp neither of which are really important go fot it!
And welcome to AS:greenchainsaw:

edit
The 361 comes as a C as well and its a pro saw i had a ms280 CBQ and the adjuster worked well!

Last edited:
ya the oiler on my 026 that was str8 gassed by my brother was gr8 i really miss that little saw, you wont be disapointed in the 026 a quick muffler mod and it'll run like a raped ape.

Last edited:
Looking at a saw on ebay, a Stihl 026c and I was wonder if this is or was in the professional line? I was watching a 036 but it is going for a little too much for me and it looks as if the 026c might be going under the radar. Thanks in advance....David

Is the muffler black or metal colored (stainless) on that saw?

Thanks guys

The muffler on the 026c is black. That being said. After reading some older posts I have bought a Stihl 036. I will only be able to have one saw for the near future. I was looking for the "all-arounder". The saw is in very good condition for what looks like a fair price. I really appreciate everyones postings. It has been very helpful. I have a lot to learn and sure I will be lurking around for awhile. Thanks again everyone! David

scotclayshooter about your fs250.......

We have bought a little land down here in Australia. I needed a saw. Now I need a brushcutter. When you start getting to the higher end brushcutters with Stihl does it make that big of a difference? FS 250, 350, 450 etc...I will be needing to cut down saplings as well as grass. I think you can put a blade on most all of the straight shaft Stilhs. I guess my question is are you happy with your 250 performance and would you every want or need anything bigger? David

Is the muffler black or metal colored (stainless) on that saw?
I was wondering about your question black or metal colored(stainless) SawTroll.I had two of the 026's and on one of them the muffler had no rust and looked alittle like metal colored(stainless) and it had a plastic handle while the other 026 the one I kept and ported had a black muffler that had some rust on it and a metal handle.Thanks,woodyman.

We have bought a little land down here in Australia. I needed a saw. Now I need a brushcutter. When you start getting to the higher end brushcutters with Stihl does it make that big of a difference? FS 250, 350, 450 etc...I will be needing to cut down saplings as well as grass. I think you can put a blade on most all of the straight shaft Stilhs. I guess my question is are you happy with your 250 performance and would you every want or need anything bigger? David

The FS250 will do everything you need i guess! They have decent power and mine have been very reliable. They are the top of the pile for power to weight.
They have been discontinued in the UK so i guess ats a FS450 for me next
Less vibes but more weight and power!

I was wondering about your question black or metal colored(stainless) SawTroll.I had two of the 026's and on one of them the muffler had no rust and looked alittle like metal colored(stainless) and it had a plastic handle while the other 026 the one I kept and ported had a black muffler that had some rust on it and a metal handle.Thanks,woodyman.

"Shot in the dark" - I believe there once was an 026C with a cat muffler, and that the muffler was stainless - but not sure....

026/MS260 and Husky 346 is best of the 49cc class pro saws.

not all pro saws are large.... 026 makes an excellent limbing saw. but lacks guts to tackle large jobs. that's what larger saws like MS460 & 660 are for.

Old thread but the 02c6 also came in a pro version to my knowledge. My 026c has both the decomp and the adjustable oiler

Back