Is there any training video

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

issapars

Reaction score
:greenchainsaw:I purchased a climbing gear, have been climbing a few trees(ceder trees) on my back yards, planing to cut them down, i have gone almost all way up , about 70 to 80 FT & cut all branches by a hand saw, i was wondering is there any training video for tree climbing & using a chain saw up tree , since my only training it was some you-tube videos, i would like to watch some training video,THANKS

Best suggestion i can give you is dont try and learn form youtube videos as entertaining as they are 90% of them have no teaching quality to them.

My suggestion for you would be to go to a reputable training facility to learn how to work in trees if that is what you want to be doing as a profession. Otherwise if you are only wanting to learn to take out one tree then I suggest you fork out the money for a trained Arborist to come and remove your tree.

some reasons why you should get a trained Arborist would be:

1. 1) its alot safer
  2. 2) if you drop the tree on your own house without a qualification insurance wont cover it.
there are many more reasons why but if you being motivated to do it because its to expensive then they are your two best reasons to get a professional.

Hope this helps and if you are going to be doing tree work professionally then welcome to an ever expanding great profession.

Off topic kinda, you might be able to make some money on that cedar... A guy where I live pays real good money for it... It probably has to be atleast 26ft though, I'd definitely look into it.

Here are some suggestions.

Try to find someone locally that could be a mentor. Do not try to do it with someone on the ground that has no clue what they are doing, or without anyone on the ground.

Do not cut towards yourself, one handed or with an angled back cut, or above your head. Do think what will/could happen after you make the cut, to the wood, the saw, and to you most importantly. Do tie in twice. I like to use a break cut if I'm piecing it down close to stuff. Keeps both hands on the saw, wont pinch on you, easy to control the wood when breaking it off and while cutting.

Also I doubt you hit 80ft because then you'd be tied in with 150ft rope and be at the end of it at 75... Also rope usually comes in 120, 150 sections, so since you're just starting out I'd guess you got 120ft...

Above all, stay safe.

Last edited:
Back