Is there anyway to quiet a Homelite XL-12?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the mufflers are probably available? it is an old ass saw though.

You got your name right if you like manual oilers lol. Haven't used one in 30+ years and my thumb is still mad at me. (my 084 has an oil booster but you just hold it down when exter oil (pronounced oral...) is needed)
Might be able to pick up a used muffler from of a small gas engine repair guy modify an existing muffler instead of fabricating a whole. Ear plugs are sold much cheaper.

Might be able to pick up a used muffler from of a small gas engine repair guy modify an existing muffler instead of fabricating a whole. Ear plugs are sold much cheaper.
There are lots of used mufflers kicking around as many of these later saws are laid up or junked when the later electronic modules went bad. Lots of those saws are being trashed so picking up a parts saw is not hard to find.

If you try and mess with the muffler by adding baffles or noise suppressors, you will rob power from the saw. As others have suggested, use PPE.

Back