is there something wrong

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deer Assassin

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
with me
heck as of late when im in my shop i just pick up a saw just to hear it run

wood cutting season is over for me but i just have to hear them run and i wind up cutting a lil bit too

im not going to say i have allegiance to one brand or another

but the 041 fb is the only stihl i have and it seems to be the one i grab the most ,,
i dont know if it is because i rebuilt it after i dropped a tree on it or it is my first "real " saw but i love the way it sounds and runs

dad thinks i have lost my mind
heck it is just this damn website

with me

wood cutting season is over for me but i just have to hear them run and i wind up cutting a lil bit too

but the 041 fb is the only stihl i have and it seems to be the one i grab the most ,,
i dont know if it is because i rebuilt it after i dropped a tree on it or it is my first "real " saw but i love the way it sounds and runs

Last night I started both Harleys just to hear them run a bit. I let them idle till I got a call from the USGS, wanting to know about some possible seismic activity in the vicinity of my garage.
Run them saws all you want. Everybody here will relate to that. I guarantee it.

:rock: I go out and start mine just to hear em when I havent got to cut in a while. You just cant beat the sounds of some of these saws

I have a challenge for you.

Go find yourself a nice 056 Magnum and see if it don't flip you plum out. :hmm3grin2orange:

Then you'll have full grown CAD!

hey D.A thats the way i am now it's called CAD and we all have it big time.so welcome to the club and enjoy it and embrace it while your wife will let you

Phew Im not alone..first thing I did when I came home today after a long day of work park my truck i the garage and fire up that 066 just to listen to that Dual port muffler sing..And Ive been cutting all weekend!:hmm3grin2orange:

with me

Well, you surely picked a good one to fall in love with!

My 041 sat for about ten years until this January when I was looking for something to do, so I shoveled my way out to the shed and retrieved her. What a grand old dame!

I cleaned her up, installed a carb kit, and new lines, and fired her up.

The sound she makes is unlike any other chainsaw, and I can listen the her idle "all day". Haha!

I especially like to feel the idle, that slow, pop,,,pop, pop. With every fire of the plug, the bar jumps a little.

Yes, sir,,,gotta love those old 041's.

Bob

Doesn't everybody here do that?

I'd be surprised if anyone here on AS denied firing up a saw now and then just to hear it run. I fired up my 064CC and the big Homelight 1050 just yesterday to hear them run. I haven't gotten them into wood yet, so I needed to fire them up and hear them roar. Great fun!

Relax, you're perfectly normal--at least around here!

Olyeller

did the same thing this afternoon.... just saw that yellow thing sitting there calling "start me!!!" ..... so the 1-41 spewed 2 cycle exhuast for a few minutes in the garage... and made me a happy camper!!!! :clap:

yea i fire mine up atleast onced a week if i'm not useing them to cutt fire wood or trimming trees with them.i alway love the way a 041 stihl runs and idles i shouldn't have sold it but i know someone would have put her to good use :laugh: and would love it the same way i did

Ya I fired up my 2100 for the second time after rebuilding the lower end over the weekend and I just had to let it sit there and idle for a few minutes while I worked on other things.....Of course I "had" to go and blip the throttle every now and then.:msp_tongue::hmm3grin2orange:

yep, i bet a 2100 works too, as would a 143/153/166/1050/797/etc.....when i fire the 125, i can almost think i am listening to a 70's dirt bike. i just need some castor oil and i would be transported!!!!!

No there is nothing wrong -- as others have said don't fight it, embrace it.

As a matter of fact -- this has inspired me to wake up my 040 for the spring. I love the sound of that saw -- may have to include it in the line-up for the next cutting session.

What's this "wood cutting season" thing you speak of? Do you mean there are people who aren't cutting all year long?

Yea, I crank up the XL923 every other day or so. I used to crank up the 1050 every day when I got home from work. Then I put a NOVA II electroninc ignition in it. I think that changes the timing a little, makes it pop back. Kinda takes the fingers off at the knuckles. Now when ever I walk up to the 1050 my right hand jumps in my pocket and won't come out, Joe.

Back