Is this a fair price for a 361?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerjw

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Without any real haggling, a local Stihl dealer shot me a price of $570 for a new 361. Is this a good price or can I do better?

That is pretty good. The cheapest I found was $579. It is worth it to spend the extra 50 bucks at a good dealer versus the cheapest dealer with crappy service.

Without any real haggling, a local Stihl dealer shot me a price of $570 for a new 361. Is this a good price or can I do better?

if he just "shot" you a price, you can do a bit better, maybe on chains/case/gear if not the bottom line.

play hardball. those saws are a dime a dozen.

Dime a dozen? They fly off of CL for $450 used around here in about an hour.

New ones on the shelf are $610-$620 with the 18" bar.

Just checked prices in my area for the 361 and they all ran 599.00 to 609.00 with 20'' bar. Northeast PA. Thats off the computer , they have online prices for most dealers but you could probably do better with cash in hand .

Mine was $589 with an 18 so $10 off list. Would have been $599 with a 20. He changed out the chain with RSC and threw in an extra loop of RSC.

570.00 a damn good price. Hell what difference does 30 or 40 dollars one way or another make when your buying a 600.00 saw. If you average out 40 dollars over the life of a 361 your talking maybe 2 to 3 dollars a year if not less. Of course if your using it everyday the life will be less but believe me it will pay for it's self. :givebeer::givebeer::givebeer:

Back