Is this really happening **Off topic**

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhoff310

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I lost my mom last Tuesday and laid her to rest yesterday.

My dad has been in the hospital battling leukemia. The hospital called me at 330 this morning and told me to get there as soon as i could.

Laid mom to rest yesterday and dad passed this morning. is this real.

Jeff

JEFF, sorry to hear this. Theyre both in a better place now and make them proud by keeping your head up. Hope you have other family to help your spirits stay up. Very sorry for your loss. doug

I lost my mom last Tuesday and laid her to rest yesterday.

My dad has been in the hospital battling leukemia. The hospital called me at 330 this morning and told me to get there as soon as i could.

Laid mom to rest yesterday and dad passed this morning. is this real.

Jeff

When I had several very close family members die within a 2 year period, I felt so bad I just went out and bought george carlin's comedy box set, along with andrew dice clay, sam kinison, and some of the live from dangerfield's dvds. Everything still sucked, but at least I was able to laugh. Everybody is different but the opposite of sad is happy, and I've gotta tell you that george carlin's rants put a smile on my face when I didn't even feel like moving out of my chair.

Jeff, So sorry for your loss. You have my heart felt condolences and prayers. Right now that wont mean much but when you get a chance to step back and look around you at the friends that are there at times like these it helps. It dont heal, only time will do that! We lost a 4 month old grand-baby last year this time and its still there, try to remember the smiles, good times and remember the love and sparkles in their eyes!
Stay safe and take it one day at a time!

Sorry for your losses, that's a lot to bear in one week. Our thoughts are with you.

Jeff, Sorry for your loss I know what it's like.

Mom had cancer and after one year of treatments she got a clean bill of health. In that time, dad had several strokes and was in a nursing home. Mom was back at her house for three months when she told me that except for the war, she and dad slept together for over 50 years and now they were apart. She said that she wanted to go so dad could follow. That weekend Mom went to stay with my sister and ended up in the hospital the next day. She had several brain tumors that came on quickly. She passed that next day on Oct 19th and nine days later my dad passed.

One has to remind themselves, Would you want your parents back, living the way they did and without each other or would you rather see them together in the after world loving each other they way they would want it. For some, the pain of being apart is worse than the illness. I’m sure your parents loved each other very much.

Unfortunately its very real. Life has its moments where it may not seem fair and will test your mental fortitude to its fullest. Keep your head up and know that they are not suffering battling a tough illness anymore and that you always got friends and family to be there for you. It will be ok man! Keep a possitive mental attitude and things will be ok. Sorry for you loss .
JD

I'm so sorry to hear that and I know it hurts. Many times when a couple has been together so long and are dependent on each other, one will pass and the other will be close behind. I've seen it many times in my neighborhood. They are together now and happy again. I'll pray for you and your family.

you're probably feeling like someone literally ripped your heart out of your chest. Life can be so cruel. Just remember that neither your mother or your father was lonely for long. They're both together. If any of us were in their shoes, that imho would be the way to pass on. I know that we all will see our lost loved ones again. That's what I told my mother 3 months ago before they closed her casket. I'm tearing up just writing this. It hurts so much you don't see how you will survive it, but you will! Take it day by day, even if you're just a zombie at times. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

My most sincere condolences

I understand what you're going through. I lost my Dad 4 years ago on Oct 3, and my Father in Law two days later on Oct 5.

All I can tell you is to pray and find strength with your family and loved ones. Even though the world seems to be a pretty bleak place right now you will get through it.

Remember, while their bodies may not be here for you to hold, their spirit and love will be with you forever.

Take Care

That's a lot to handle at once, thoughts, prayers, and a little rep go out to you and your family.

Life will go on, it won't ever be the same, but it will go on.

As a fellow firewood guy, might I suggest planting a memorial tree or two? It sounds a little corny, but it's a connection to go down to the tree that my Mom's co-workers planted when she died unexpectedly about 15 years ago.

I'm not Catholic, and don't know if you are, but they have one thing right for sure. A good old fashioned wake with family, friends, good food and drink, and a lot of stories told is good therapy.

Don't be afraid to lean on your friends right now if needed, that's what they're there for.

Back