Isa certification Help needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Valandscaper

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello all, I'm a landscaper in va that has had a lot of customers asking about tree work. Iv always had an intrest in it and have done a few removals for myself and family many of them the unsafe way. I have since learned a lot and have purchased the correct equiptment to do the work in a safe manner and am looking to launch tree care as part of my business next year so iv had some time to learn / practice. My question is what doin study for the isa cert and what areas of certification should I seek first. I want to make sure I'm doing this right, iv got friends in the business I can ask questions but this forum is much more helpful. Thanks in advance

Dose VA have a state cert? If there is would def. be one way to get a little bit better understanding about the tree's in your area first, as most of the time its geared to trees in the area.

Hello all, I'm a landscaper in va that has had a lot of customers asking about tree work. Iv always had an intrest in it and have done a few removals for myself and family many of them the unsafe way. I have since learned a lot and have purchased the correct equiptment to do the work in a safe manner and am looking to launch tree care as part of my business next year so iv had some time to learn / practice. My question is what doin study for the isa cert and what areas of certification should I seek first. I want to make sure I'm doing this right, iv got friends in the business I can ask questions but this forum is much more helpful. Thanks in advance

The test aint too bad. But I believe you need 3years of experience to take it. Not sure if your landscaping will get you in the door.

Would be nice if you would punctuate and spell properly. Sure would appear more professional.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

The tree worker cert still wants 18 months of climbing but how do they document that if he's working for himself landscaping?
As far as i understood you must be employed by or under a certified arborist. That's how I did it.

Sometimes having the title of master gardener can help because they need to know proper young tree pruning.

sent using logic and reason from a device forged of witchcraft.

Sometimes having the title of master gardener can help because they need to know proper young tree pruning..

I disagree. I deal with lots of "master gardeners" on some committees and they suck! Some of the stuff they come up with is too much, create their own philosophy's out of their imagination and think that title gives them the authority to change the facts of biology. "Well, in my experience........" WHAT EXPERIENCE!, SPLITTING HOSTA'S!!!

Lol. That may be true, but it can still help when looking to get on a crew or getting an experienced climber to help you. I mentioned it because a couple of the guys I see at classes started out as master gardeners and got otj training when they started working for asplundh (sp? That's such a weird name I rarely spell it right) based on their MG certification.

sent using logic and reason from a device forged of witchcraft.

Latest posts

Back