Isnt Ebay great!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longbar

Mr. BigWood
Reaction score
So I just won this:

Stihl MS290 professional Chainsaw Powerhead Parts Saw - eBay (item 140503044897 end time Jan-19-11 15:26:40 PST)

BUT then: I get an email saying the seller refunded my money. Under the reason it says the seller made and error in the listing. I kind figured it was for that price. But I had no communication from the seller or nothing. I didnt need this but it was a good price and if asked would have probably said not to worry about it and cancelled the transaction but apperantly the seller didnt feel like asking. Oh well another neg. feedback for this outstanding seller. I guess what really bothers me about this is the lack of moral on ebay. If you win something PAY. If you sell something SHIP IT. If theres a problem work it out with the other member. Ok I feel better now:laugh:

Negative for sure...I had something like this happen before...he didnt make what he wanted to make so he sends me an email telling me he broke the part and was refunding my money. After much discussion I got the part for free, all I did was pay shipping. I dont think he wanted the negative feedback I was going to leave even if he refunded my money.

I won a sprocket for a Partner the other day, paid right away and the next day seen the seller refunded and said there was a mistake and they would try to get me the right sprocket.

Think they will?

That stuff is BS.

2 out of the top 3 threads are ebay #####es. Would it be too much to ask to keep the ebay pig squealing on the ebay thread?

Crap like that goes on all the time, I still have a saw from Dec that a guy with 74 good transactions has not paid for and a guy with an open claim about a TV I sold him that he says was listed as a 32" when it was clearly listed as19" and I sent a screen shot to Ebay, funny thing is I'm still waiting for a decision. Bottom line is any time you are dealing with the public you will have problems, eventually the kid who ate crayons in grade school grows up and is out there waiting to wreck your day.

Looks like he re listed it. From the comments he has left disputing his feedback that he is a real pos. If I make a mistake bidding on something do I get to resend my bid? Nope its a binding contract.

2 out of the top 3 threads are ebay #####es. Would it be too much to ask to keep the ebay pig squealing on the ebay thread?

I think thats for stuff we find that others might like to get etc. No one made you read this thread or any other. Its a free world to read what you want too or skip it. Next time skip it. Unless you have something productive to add, or if we are waisting you time, maybe you should move along.

Irony huh...well I suppose since I had posted I had a right to read the thread.

You, yes you, seem to enjoy finding a thread that you have nothing to add other than to go poke it with a sharp stick and see if it blows up. I rather think thats the only reason you even come on here.

I think thats for stuff we find that others might like to get etc. No one made you read this thread or any other. Its a free world to read what you want too or skip it. Next time skip it. Unless you have something productive to add, or if we are waisting you time, maybe you should move along.

Come on Mule is always wasting his time:laugh: Thats what the mule does best!!!

Its too bad this crap goes on still. Ive heard some stories of stuff being broke and whatnot. Its funny how this stuff takes place. And its really hard to tell if they are telling the truth or not. I sold a faucet on ebay a couple years ago and really did drop it. It scratched alittle so I told the buyer and sent a pic. He said not to worry about it and was happy I didnt try and slip it by him. Sometimes just communicating can go a long way.

Irony huh...well I suppose since I had posted I had a right to read the thread.

You, yes you, seem to enjoy finding a thread that you have nothing to add other than to go poke it with a sharp stick and see if it blows up. I rather think thats the only reason you even come on here.

Here are the facts. This place will be easily ruined with threads whining about ebay. I made a simple request to keep this in the ebay thread, and one that is not unreasonable. No one wants to wade through 50 pages of "poor poor me, I got screwed by the ebay boogieman" threads. That's not what this place is about.

why would you neg the poor guy

he made a small mistake when he listed it as a buy now and you hit it.

it was a 9.99 start auction but he hit the buy now button and listed it.

is that the way its going to be.

screw a guy over if he makes a small error.

he relisted it like it is suppose to be.

I had to end a listing one time and instead of hitting the end auction button I hit
the sell to high bidder button by mistake and sold a homlite 650 for 24.95.

fortunatly the bidder was a freind and knew I goofed.

treat people the way you want to be treated. we all make mistakes, show a little mercy.

Hey Space, how about you start your own thread about what saws you took today to cut wood with.

Didn't cut anything today? How about showing us that new project saw your working on.

Not working on a project? Well how about telling us about the new line of consumer saws you just got in at work today.

I guess I'll just stop there, you should get the point but I doubt if you will.

Here are the facts. This place will be easily ruined with threads whining about ebay. I made a simple request to keep this in the ebay thread, and one that is not unreasonable. No one wants to wade through 50 pages of "poor poor me, I got screwed by the ebay boogieman" threads. That's not what this place is about.

Why don't you become a moderator or better yet, start your own forum like bibletech37 did.

Fact is, there is good information to be had in these threads. I learned to video saws before listing them from Andre in a complaint about Ebay thread. It is good discussion material.

Mule,

I went through like 4 pages of your post....not a dang thing in there that was of any value. Mostly you whining about what other people post or have to say.....I wonder I bet your glass is empty isnt it?

It probably was lean siezed & had bad bearings anyway.

They at least should have set a minimum reserve on it if they're pulling that cr*p...all E-Bay has been good for lately is dumping off junker saws.

Latest posts

Back