Isnt Ebay great!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Space, how about you start your own thread about what saws you took today to cut wood with.

Didn't cut anything today? How about showing us that new project saw your working on.

Not working on a project? Well how about telling us about the new line of consumer saws you just got in at work today.

I guess I'll just stop there, you should get the point but I doubt if you will.

:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange: everytime space makes a post he is doing all the whinning

Mule,

I went through like 4 pages of your post....not a dang thing in there that was of any value. Mostly you whining about what other people post or have to say.....I wonder I bet your glass is empty isnt it?
I sure as heck wasn't screwed by the ebay boogie man. :cowboy:

why would you neg the poor guy

he made a small mistake when he listed it as a buy now and you hit it.

it was a 9.99 start auction but he hit the buy now button and listed it.

is that the way its going to be.

screw a guy over if he makes a small error.

he relisted it like it is suppose to be.

I had to end a listing one time and instead of hitting the end auction button I hit
the sell to high bidder button by mistake and sold a homlite 650 for 24.95.

fortunatly the bidder was a freind and knew I goofed.

treat people the way you want to be treated. we all make mistakes, show a little mercy.

I agree with you. I dont wanna neg rep him. I figured he prolly messed up the listing. I just dont understand why its so hard to just send a message saying he messed up and at least try to save some face. Not just relisting it and refunding the money without any communication.

Looks like he re listed it. From the comments he has left disputing his feedback that he is a real pos. If I make a mistake bidding on something do I get to resend my bid? Nope its a binding contract.

I dont think you know how ebay works, a buyer can cancel his bid if he wants to.

This seller has great feedback. He had some idiot leave a neg that bought an item that said NO SHIPPING and left the neg beacause he wouldnt ship it. duuuuuh.

like I said already, the guy made a mistake in the listing and before he could change it somebody hit the buy now button.

do a little research before you bring out the tar and feathers.

I agree with you. I dont wanna neg rep him. I figured he prolly messed up the listing. I just dont understand why its so hard to just send a message saying he messed up and at least try to save some face. Not just relisting it and refunding the money without any communication.

Read through all his negative feedback and his comments.
You may change your mind.
I know I would.

yea, comunication is important, he looks like a good seller though.

give him a few minutes, sometimes guys dont have time due to work.

I try to give people the benifit of the doubt, he may just be real busy today

I dont think you know how ebay works, a buyer can cancel his bid if he wants to.

This seller has great feedback. He had some idiot leave a neg that bought an item that said NO SHIPPING and left the neg beacause he wouldnt ship it. duuuuuh.

like I said already, the guy made a mistake in the listing and before he could change it somebody hit the buy now button.

If I understand you right, your saying the guy screwed up his listing and then refused to follow through on the deal because he didn't want to pay for his mistake?

Sorry I have paid for most all of my mistakes, some dearly, most alot more costly then some $50 pos parts saw.

Not a good reason to me to back out.

If I understand you right, your saying the guy screwed up his listing and then refused to follow through on the deal because he didn't want to pay for his mistake?

Sorry I have paid for most all of my mistakes, some dearly, most alot more costly then some $50 pos parts saw.

so what do you suggest mark ?

give him a neg for it ?

file a complaint ?

cant you just let it go or do you feel the need to burn him at the stake also ?

:agree2::agree2: technically it is a legal contract, If the roles was reversed and the buyer didn't hold to the winning contract and not pay up then the seller would have a fit and leave neg feedback. so what he screwed up the listing,he didn't catch it until AFTER the auction ended. so technically the seller legally has to sell it for the winning price. which i understand he had it listed as 9.99 buy now. If it was me i would file a complaint with ebay and force the seller to live up to the contract

so what do you suggest mark ?

give him a neg for it ?

file a complaint ?

cant you just let it go or do you feel the need to burn him at the stake also ?

No probably not, I gave the seller who refunded me positive feedback.

I do know that if I would have been the seller I would have been a man about making my mistake, took my lumps and shipped the saw. Thats the right thing to do.

Hey Space, how about you start your own thread about what saws you took today to cut wood with.

Didn't cut anything today? How about showing us that new project saw your working on.

Not working on a project? Well how about telling us about the new line of consumer saws you just got in at work today.

I guess I'll just stop there, you should get the point but I doubt if you will.

:hmm3grin2orange: LMAO

A bid or commitment to buy on eBay is considered a contract and you're obligated to purchase the item. However, if you feel that you have a legitimate reason for not buying the item, you can contact the seller and explain your situation.

Many sellers are willing to work with you if you communicate with them openly and honestly. If you haven't done so already, request the seller's contact information and call him or her. You may be able to work things out to everyone's satisfaction.

If the seller doesn't respond in the way you hope, keep in mind that failing to purchase an item you've won may result in an unpaid item being recorded on your account. If you get too many unpaid items recorded on your account within a short time period, your account may be limited or suspended.

From ebay

Looks like he re listed it. From the comments he has left disputing his feedback that he is a real pos. If I make a mistake bidding on something do I get to resend my bid? Nope its a binding contract.

HOW TO CANCEL YOUR BID, ( goes on your record as a buyer)

Can I retract or cancel my bid?
As a general rule, you can't retract or cancel a bid. When you place a bid, you agree to pay for the item if you're the winning bidder.

If you won an item and you no longer want to buy it, you need to contact the seller.

A bid on eBay is considered a contract, and you're obligated to purchase the item. Read about changing your mind about buying an item.
However, honest mistakes sometimes occur. You can retract a bid if you have a valid reason for doing so as defined by eBay policy and you retract the bid within the required time period.

Valid reasons for retracting a bid include:

You accidentally entered the wrong bid amount. For example, you bid $99.50 instead of $9.95. If this happens, you need to reenter the correct bid amount right away.

The item's description changed significantly after you entered your last bid. For example, the seller updated the details about the item's features or condition.

You can't reach the seller by telephone or email.

Changing your mind is not a valid reason for retracting a bid. In the future, be sure to carefully review the listing before bidding.

If you want to retract a bid:

Review the conditions for canceling a bid.
If you meet the conditions and understand the results of canceling a bid, fill out the Bid Retractions form.

If you want to retract a Best Offer, use the Best Offer Cancellation form.

link to page http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/questions/retract-bid.html

Latest posts

Back