Isnt Ebay great!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmmm, how difficult would it be to put this thread and all the other EBay, Craigslist, pleas for pity threads like it in the Modded Work Saw forum, maybe then the Modded Work Saw Forum could get some exposure.

If we work together we can solve all kinds of problems.

I agree with Longbar, the seller should've contacted him with an explanation of what happened.

Caleath, you can always put voidjackass on your ignore list, that's what I did a long time ago.

Ebay won't do anything to this guy. He looks like a heavy hitter as far as the amount of sales he has. You could neg rep him but be honest or he'll disbute that to and you'll get a feedback abuse strike.

I bought a saw from a guy who listed it as local pick-up only, but had his shipping instructions in the listing. The saw went for a steal, and the guy wouldn't ship. I negged him and I got my hand slapped for feedback abuse. On top of that, the guy was a squirrel and he sent me abusive e-mails for a couple months.

Let it go!!!

there's nothing ebay should do to the seller, he included the reason for the refund, it was an honest mistake and longbar knew it was a mistake, he even said he figured it was with that price but purchased it anyway then came here and cried about it so that makes him the dishonest person in my book.....

maybe longbar should have sent the seller a message asking him if the price was a mistake instead of trying to force the guy in to a sham...

Last edited:
there's nothing ebay should do to the seller, he included the reason for the refund, it was an honest mistake and longbar knew it was a mistake, he even said he figured it was with that price but purchased it anyway then came here and cried about it so that makes him the dishonest person in my book.....

maybe longbar should have sent the seller a message asking him if the price was a mistake instead of trying to force the guy in to a sham...

I didnt force the guy into anything. I just think its polite to INFORM the other participant in a binding contract when you decide you dont wanna go through with it. I also dont understand how crying about anything like this makes a person dishonest! I followed through with my end. You need to reevaluate your ethics. Im not on here for sympathy or for approval I have my wife for that. Just thought I would share this info with those that wanted to listen. Also if all you want to do is try and make me out to be a crook just pass by my whineing thread. Im not on this forum to argue.

Sympathy or approval from the wife?????

Must be one great gal.....

My wife still blames me for that whole Kennedy/Oswald thing......

:laugh: Yeah I do get sympathy!!! I dont think its real but I will take it!!!

So you were the second gunman on the grassy knoll! Where's Reid when we really need him?

Some here will understand that comment, others won't.

I didnt force the guy into anything. I just think its polite to INFORM the other participant in a binding contract when you decide you dont wanna go through with it. I also dont understand how crying about anything like this makes a person dishonest! I followed through with my end. You need to reevaluate your ethics. Im not on here for sympathy or for approval I have my wife for that. Just thought I would share this info with those that wanted to listen. Also if all you want to do is try and make me out to be a crook just pass by my whineing thread. Im not on this forum to argue.
I'm not trying to make you look like a crook but you call the sellers behavior bad ethics for an honest mistake but you're the one who tried to get away with the sellers honest mistake, you admitted that you KNEW it was most likely a mistake but because the seller didn't personally email you about his mistake and used the system that makes him a crook or unethical, it's kinda like you standing behind me in the check out line and I drop some money and you see it fall but don't tell me about it then pick it up after I leave and stick it in your pocket....dirty in my book....

here I thought this whole web site was a bunch of grown men discussing saws, logging, firewood use, piston sizes, pros and cons of the better saws around but by looking at this thead I get the feeling I'm in the middle of a womens ##### clatch and everyone's got their skirt in a bunch. Come on guys grow a pair and man up about an honest screw up. There's more honest mans work to be done on a friday night, most of which involve green long necks and bragging rights for the past weeks work. Watch the women also comes in there depending on how many green bottles have gone down.

I sold a parts saw that didn't run and received neg feedback saying saw was junk and didn't run. I had it listed in the auction saying it was for parts only and didn't run. Mistakes happen.

I sold a parts saw that didn't run and received neg feedback saying saw was junk and didn't run. I had it listed in the auction saying it was for parts only and didn't run. Mistakes happen.

Some people don't read the ads very closely. Many people on ebay are wanting something for nothing. In the future if I sell any more saws on ebay they'll probably be parts saws, they seem to bring the same amount of money that the running saws bring.

Back