Isnt that how it works? You wait for an 880...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RED-85-Z51

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
To come up for sale locally for months...and nothing. So you focus your efforts on something else, another project...and darned if one doesn't pop up.
670aee20204dad7884db130e3213519f.jpg

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

In my many many years of looking for chainsaw deals on Craigslist, I have only seen one 880 listed. Only one and it is now mine. It is a monster, and with a big bar is almost unmanageable. I recently ordered a smaller (the smallest available) bar and will be using it quite a bit more this year.

In my many many years of looking for chainsaw deals on Craigslist, I have only seen one 880 listed. Only one and it is now mine. It is a monster, and with a big bar is almost unmanageable. I recently ordered a smaller (the smallest available) bar and will be using it quite a bit more this year.
Ive always wanted one...id love to find a rough smoked example to bring back to life.

For me it never fails, I'll be looking for something and have a price in mind only to find that everything is suddenly overpriced. Eventually (months of waiting) I'll spend more than I wanted to for something that is almost what I was looking for. Inevitably within a week or two there will be a half dozen or more of exactly what I was looking for and they are selling for significantly less than I paid.

My latest was an aluminum tilt trailer, nothing fancy and for years I've watched them sell for $8-900 maybe $1000. This year you couldn't touch one for less than $1500, started looking in the fall and finally bought a steel trailer for $1200, all of a sudden everyone with an aluminum trailer is selling them for $1-1200. I've come to the conclusion that the local used market is incredibly in tune with whatever I'm thinking of buying and I'm going to get hosed

Got my 880 like new from a pawn shop. $1100 w/4' bar
It was in the pawn because it was too big for the original owner, and the chain was ridiculously dulled.

They started with the MS 880 designation in 2003.
$1400.00? Wow. They aren't exactly giving it away are they

They started with the MS 880 designation in 2003.
$1400.00? Wow. They aren't exactly giving it away are they
Yeah its a bit high, and a nothing special bar and chain..

Yeah its a bit high, and a nothing special bar and chain..

Don't you have enough projects to work on? LOL
Parts are very expensive for that beast.
But, I've been looking at something that not even close
to the asking price. I just keep remembering Mr Spock's
classic line. “After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting".

Can never have enough irons in the fire. The 20 saw plan can become the 21 saw salute at any moment

Back