It is with great sadness that I report.......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know we're all joking, but just in case somebody gets the wrong idea, Mike builds a great saw. I'm a PPP (ported saw punisher), not a PPP (ported saw polisher), so this thing got ridden hard and put up wet for 2 years prior to a weird bearing failure. It was the saw gods, or the operator, which killed this beauty.

Is there something to the intake port I'm missing? Just wondering why it's not rounded out. Like a nice oval shape? Just curious.

Is there something to the intake port I'm missing? Just wondering why it's not rounded out. Like a nice oval shape? Just curious.

The intake is shaped that way to make room for the intake screws.

Mike's a good guy and ports a mean saw. Sorry to see that one let go, sounded mean in the cut!!

There's a screw hole on each side where the block intake/carb screw in. Also, the impulse "line" comes out just below and left of the intake and runs thru a PITA channel thru the plastic block and into the carb.

Some good news. Took off the recoil and wiggled the flywheel a bit, and out came a gnarly chunk of bearing. The crank turns freely now, and no unexpected play. I ordered a new meteor piston, and found an OEM 288 wrist pin bearing. I'm gonna flush the case a bunch, bevel the port edges roughened by the debris, and put it all back together.

You should have used more yamabond on the bearing to hold it together .

Or bought that 044 ;)

I can see 230 psi putting some strain right there ,get well soon 288 ,if the crank seals are easy to get to ,may pop those out if just going to flush the case to make sure all the debris gets out of there .Sometimes stuff gets on the seal side of the bearings .

You should have used more yamabond on the bearing to hold it together .

Or bought that 044 ;)

I can see 230 psi putting some strain right there ,get well soon 288 ,if the crank seals are easy to get to ,may pop those out if just going to flush the case to make sure all the debris gets out of there .Sometimes stuff gets on the seal side of the bearings .
Good idea. The flywheel side is easy, the clutch side not so much. I'll see if a gasket can take it below 200psi

Good idea. The flywheel side is easy, the clutch side not so much. I'll see if a gasket can take it below 200psi
Even if 210 will help a little ,was the 230 cold or hot ?Cold will read higher usually .

Latest posts

Back