Its a Small World

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, we set up a test at the GTG in Jasper last fall, and I brought a couple knotty pieces of Hedge and some Elm to give it a workout... The SS did fantastic, and was fast about getting it done... They are the real deal... But I decided I would have to eventually get both... The Hydro Iowa built got me thinking, then after discussing it with him, we decided it would be cool to just build one from scratch... And It will be ORANGE!!! And weigh a freaking ton!!!
But I will be able to haul it at hwy speeds to WI at least once if not twice a year for charity cuts with the Sconnie clan...

And yes, I wanna race!!!
The 540 is in the stump shack right now...
You are in soooooo much trouble Don...
:msp_sneaky:
I'm gonna kick Levi's butt too....
:hmm3grin2orange:

Matt, you might have to drag your splitter engineer along with you on it's first trip north, you know, strictly for research and development purposes.

Looking forward to the build!

joseph-ducreux-meme-generator-for-if-general-consensus-in-regards-to-thy-species-of-treewood-amongst-colleagues-reamains-a-mystery-cherry-it-be-35ef8a.jpg

Pre-opp commenced today. I cut 3' of I beam off the front end and made a drop down hitch for it. Took off the hyd tank. Now waiting on steel and other parts to make this unit Hedgerow happy!

That is looken nice.. When will mine be ready?

Whenever you order. I'll have a 6.5hp engine, 13.6 gpm pump, and tank ready for another splitter.

Hedgerow wants a 13hp electric start, 22gpm pump, and 20gallon tank. Lol. Can you say fast!

Well if hedge wants that. Then I want bigger and faster. Just cause.

If'n I'm going to drive to Missouri. I have to have the best. With a great deal of course.

It should. Mine's plated for 16k, and I can go an additional 20k on a goose-neck trailer. Too bad I don't own one. One of these days.

Matt's one of the good guys,I see him at gtg's at least twice a year.

Matt is a good guy!

But I thought he was getting a Super Split.

Hey Matt, wanta race? :hmm3grin2orange:

I just found this thread.

Don't let Hedgerow fool ya... That guys been messing around with & having more affairs with splitters in more states & county's than anyone I know... I even got pictures! Here he is havin a fling with a cute n fast little 2 way up in Wisconsin last weekend. I guess he wanted to sow his wild oats one last time before makin a life long commitment to this big Hydro. :)

If you pull that up for a charity cut, I believe that would break the old record for distance. Another guy pulled one behind his car from just north of Chicago to show off. That was about 7 hours away I think.

uhu4uvaj.jpg

Last edited:
I just found this thread.

Don't let Hedgerow fool ya... That guys been messing around with & having more affairs with splitters in more states & county's than anyone I know... I even got pictures! Here he is havin a fling with a cute n fast little 2 way up in Wisconsin last weekend. I guess he wanted to sow his wild oats one last time before makin a life long commitment to this big Hydro. :)

If you pull that up for a charity cut, I believe that would break the old record for distance. Another guy pulled one behind his car from just north of Chicago to show off. That was about 7 hours away I think.

uhu4uvaj.jpg

I can make any splitter look fast...
When Brent is done with this one, it should make any 3 people work fast!!!
:msp_thumbup:

Latest posts

Back