It's gonna be ugly around here

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm guessing the power will be out plenty of places if we get that much ice. My area didn't get hit with that much snow last year, so we were fine for power. I can live w/out it for a while, but my girls won't be happy!

Um... should not ask... but why? Do they have some "equipment" they really like or something? ::question:

:soldier::soldier::soldier:

supposedly there is a big storm coming out here but every time they have said that before it wasnt all that bad, kinda disapointed

Exactly the way I'm thinking right now. I personally think we're not gonna get ####.

:rolleyes: at those weather people.

Well, I'm a couple of doors down, in Nova Scotia. They were saying tonite that this storm is predicted to cover a very large portion of North America. We too have lots of wood, gas for the generator. Also got both tanks full in the F-350 diesel plow truck. Only thing I'm short on is bottled water, and I'll get the wife to pick some up tommorrow.

They are saying at least a foot here. As the description says "we are not posting a snowfall map but expect at least a foot".

Never seen them not list expected totals before. Guessing they have no idea other that we are going to get hit hard. Oh well. All my wood is in the basement and we will be warm and together:snowman:

Going to grab some fuel for the snowblower and plow truck. Fill up the bathtub with clean water just in case the power goes out. I already checked the pantry and we have plenty of food. We have propane for the gas grill and camp stove so we can cook. We have flashlights in every room already.
Food can be stuffed in a snowbank if needed.

Should be good, just another storm here in New England.

Probably should go and fill the Mix can with some fresh stuff, just on the off chance we do get a nasty one that somehow manages to knock over trees...that are rooted under a foot of frozen ground.:sleepy:

I say bring it on. I don't feel like pruning anymore and could use a break.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

We got about an inch of snow in the last couple of hours. It has slacked off, but more on the way.

I fired up the generator for a while this afternoon. Possible freezing rain in the forecast. It wouldn't start until I sloshed some acetone on the air cleaner. I hadn't run it since October.

Our neighborhood had a severe orange truck infestation all summer. I hated to see all the trees go, but it is a pain hauling the generator out and firing it up.

We're supposed to get hammered here. Local weather man said worst winter storm in 100 years... Ice, snow, then way too cold for southern Missouri.

I'm hoping for more ice so I can put a sign in the front yard: "Chainsaws for Sale/Rent" Be one way to get rid of some Wally World Poulans.

It's good to be retired and don't have to battle the weather & traffic.

Ditto on the retired part...also on the Corvette part, mine's an '85 though. Can't drive it now, however.

clear and cold here, down in the single digits. I don't envy you guys who are getting ice. Keep the fire going and stay warm.

Made it in to work today. Not too bad around here, but I am the only in so far. Tonight will be worse.

It's still icing here.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TNi5QHaz5Z4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TNi5QHaz5Z4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I was impressed until that last slide - seemed to a take a little of the enthusiasm out of ya!

Back