Its Heeeere. A Game Of Logging Class

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sense some air of mockery here... I don't understand the funny part of this. A Swedish Sören comes to your place telling you that through all these years you have felled a lot of timber on the wrong way.

Am I missing something?

You know in Europe they 'fall' from the other side of the tree. :)

In sum for you Gumps out in NeverLand: there is no one way. Repeat: there is no one way to do anything. Logging, life, combat, sex,......Get it ?:bang::bang:

That is exactly the problem we have with GOL out here in NeverLand. They are the ones preaching that their way is the only safe way to fell a tree, and that it will guarantee your tree falls correctly every time.

We are all about sharing information/opinions on new techniques. But when a group of people (GOL) keeps saying there way is the only way, we have a problem.

Especially when GOL has some serious flaws in the way they teach. Anyone who tells you that a boring back-cut is needed on every tree to be safe is an idiot, plain and simple.

The boring back-cut is a great tool for the right situation, just not every situation. And yes we use the boring back-cut out here in NeverLand, just not on every tree.

Last edited:
I just think it is funny that people wanna argue technique with folks that cut the biggest, most valuable timber in the world.

Umm yea, chances are they know exactly what they are doing, and they probably don't need tricks for falling 18" pines. . .

Ahh, nobody has informed us whether they got a $325 hat or if they had to pay extra for said hat.

Inquiring minds wish to know. Or am I enquiring? Where is an English Major when you need one? :confused:

Ok so could this be considered a coon's ####? Its a Cedar. Where the hell is Burvol when you need him?

attachment.php

View attachment 178953

Yes, I am ten years old. :msp_tongue:

Uh oh. Does this mean my New Mexico passport is no longer valid?

Hey Andy...you're excluded from the "gardening" description. Now can I come back?

Ok, I guess you can come back. :laugh: I'd rather be called a has been, or even a never was than a gardener.
The State Forestry told us that they wanted us to quit calling ourselves "damned old loggers" and start calling ourselves "forest restoration experts". Seems the yuppies like that better. In my opinion an expert is someone who thinks they know everything, and can't be taught anything.
As far as your passport.............They're getting pretty strict on anyone trying to get south of the Colorado border, but if you'll let me know when you're coming I think I can sneak you in.

Andy

The Tinklebells are attacking the straw dog with those straws again.:confused:

Ah yes, "that's the only way". Old dogs, old tricks = one way.:dizzy:

Fine and dandy. Do not confuse me with facts. :hmm3grin2orange:

....and to all a good night.

Back