Its Heeeere. A Game Of Logging Class

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Tinklebells are attacking the straw dog with those straws again.:confused:

Ah yes, "that's the only way". Old dogs, old tricks = one way.:dizzy:

Fine and dandy. Do not confuse me with facts. :hmm3grin2orange:

....and to all a good night.

I think this is one of those "experts" I was talking about.

Andy

I don't know anything about this GOL but after reading this thread I think you guys are missing the point. It looks to me like the main goal of this GOL class is not to teach you how to better fall timber. It is all about extracting $325 from your wallet.
Also I would be willing to bet when you go to get your free hat they'll be all out. Probably promise to mail it to you.

Dang, it isn't until September. That's too busy of a month. I was going to solicit funds to send me since I'm the closest and I could do a report, :msp_biggrin:and get a hat. September is a finish off the berry picking time and get in the last of the kayaking time.

Dang, it isn't until September. That's too busy of a month. I was going to solicit funds to send me since I'm the closest and I could do a report, :msp_biggrin:and get a hat. September is a finish off the berry picking time and get in the last of the kayaking time.

i know what my priorities would be.:)

No big deal, Chris. Just ignore him...the rest of us do.
He's kinda sad, really. Just another no-talent ankle biter who likes to make noise and stir up trouble.

LMAO Bob... about the only thing a GOL guy is qualified to do out here is pack a lunch.

He can even do it a "new" way if he chooses... :laugh:

Gary

Sending Slowp to GOL camp

I think you should take the class. It's only a couple of days and you're retired...you can chase berries and go kayaking any time.

As far as soliciting funds...I'll throw in 20 bucks. C'mon, the rest of you knuckle-draggers give it up...pitch in to send Slowp to GOL.

She can send us a totally fair and unbiased report. And she'll probably be the only one there with calks on.

I attended a similar event to this yrs. ago, then they sent the fellow around the job site as well, I humored him as I basically had to if I wanted to keep my job. If you tried to work here the way they say it should be done you'd starve to death. They seem to forget that we have to produce to make our money. Guarantee me a decent wage regardless of the amount I produce and I'll do it any way they want.

I think you should take the class. It's only a couple of days and you're retired...you can chase berries and go kayaking any time.

As far as soliciting funds...I'll throw in 20 bucks. C'mon, the rest of you knuckle-draggers give it up...pitch in to send Slowp to GOL.

She can send us a totally fair and unbiased report. And she'll probably be the only one there with calks on.

I'll kick in $20.00 but slowp has to provide her own blood pressure medicine. Or maybe she needs a little white pill before the lecture, ya know the kind the dentist gives before he pulls your tooth. Cause I don't want to have to pay the ER for pulling a smurf-caulk out of some east coaster's behind.

BBBBbbbbut, I can't cut level. I have to lay on my side to simulate bucking. ...not a faller....oh well, it would be interesting, for a few minutes maybe. Maybe I'd revert to my Scandihoovian-Up Nort Wisconsin accent.

I'd probably have to wear the Viking Sauna calks. I bet they want you to wear all the steely toed kevlar stuff, even on the feet! No wonder the Vikings were a cranky people. They had prune feet from wearing those rubber boots all the time.

Pills? I bought some guns today....:msp_smile:

BBBBbbbbut, I can't cut level. I have to lay on my side to simulate bucking. ...not a faller....oh well, it would be interesting, for a few minutes maybe. Maybe I'd revert to my Scandihoovian-Up Nort Wisconsin accent.

I'd probably have to wear the Viking Sauna calks. I bet they want you to wear all the steely toed kevlar stuff, even on the feet! No wonder the Vikings were a cranky people. They had prune feet from wearing those rubber boots all the time.

Pills? I bought some guns today....:msp_smile:

Not a faller? I beg to differ.

P2131617.jpg

I think you should go. Maybe after you take the class and report back we might have a different opinion of GOL. Probably not, though.:)

From the pictures I've seen of GOL classes you'll definitely have to have your Mighty Lumberjack ensemble together. Just be careful not to sing the Monty Python song out loud.

Last edited:
Just be careful not to sing the Monty Python song out loud.

You mean this one Bob? [video=youtube;CxVKtNkQAtw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxVKtNkQAtw&feature=related[/video]

Sam

Last edited:
Not a faller? I beg to differ.

P2131617.jpg

I think you should go. Maybe after you take the class and report back we might have a different opinion of GOL. Probably not, though.:)

From the pictures I've seen of GOL classes you'll definitely have to have your Mighty Lumberjack ensemble together. Just be careful not to sing the Monty Python song out loud.

OH, im too inebriated to pick apart this fight. WE WILL STAND STRONG, or something like that. YEEE HAWWWW. . .:msp_angry:

Wait, there is not even a fight..

Edit: i have no idea what I was talking about here. . .

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back