It's Super and it Splits...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are some pics of what I came up with for a hitch. I still want to put a handle up towards the hitch. No it's not for highway use. But for now I only need a tow from the shop to the woodpile, or about 500 feet with a slight hill in a gravel drive. I'm thinking for future mods I would tie the front leg to the rear leg/axle stand with some small angle iron for bracing. Not sure about axle widening as I haven't tried this out yet. Hopefully I can go slow enough I won't find out the hard way that I need to widen the axle.

Looks good man. Nice shop, looks like a good set-up in there.

I'm thinking I need to tie the front leg to the rear in mine also. It doesn't seem to flex much but I'm sure it does.

When I rolled mine it wasn't about speed, but more that one wheel dropped into a small hole or rut. If it's smooth and not too steep you should be fine. On a plus not it's pretty easy to pick back up, and the fiberglass 'hood' is strong enough to not self destruct.

trailer coupler

Since this splitter didn't come with a trailer coupler I knew I'd be modifying and adding one. What I came up with was adding a piece of receiver tube (same as pick up truck receiver hitch) at 96* angle and braced it to an existing hole in the table. The 4 foot tongue is detachable and in place only when towing. I don't have to go far and this does the trick getting to my neighbour's house. Here's a few pics to show it better.

Sept1410001.jpg

Sept1410002.jpg

Sept1410005.jpg

:cheers:
How many inches is it from top of your bottom plate on splitter to bottom of your receiver tube

Latest posts

Back