jacuzzi/century woodstove

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
woodbooga1

woodbooga1

I just took ownership of a 1997 jacuzzi/century woodstove. It has very little burn time on it and I have not installed it yet, I would like to know if anyone has any experience with one of these? The model # is FW2700012 I believe. I'm looking to replace an old Pyramid that burned great and did the job, but was a lot to keep the chimney pipe clean!! This century has the air injection tubes in the top of the firebox. Give me your opinions please! Thanks

sdt7618

sdt7618

ArboristSite Guru
Thanks for the reply, but I was hoping for some real info., not flack!! I guess this wasn't the forum site my buddy told me it was!!!

He don't take it to heart manm, he's just having a laugh. Woodbooga is a well know and respected poster here.

Let the thread run a bit and I am sure you will find out some info, the guys here love to tease and hurl stuff around, but you ain't gonna find a better source of wood/heating/chainsaw etc etc info anywhere!

Steve

cuttinstuff

cuttinstuff

ArboristSite Operative
He don't take it to heart manm, he's just having a laugh. Woodbooga is a well know and respected poster here.

Let the thread run a bit and I am sure you will find out some info, the guys here love to tease and hurl stuff around, but you ain't gonna find a better source of wood/heating/chainsaw etc etc info anywhere!

Steve

Yea let it run a bit, as far as flack you can expect some. I have no experience with that stove or I would give a comment. As far as the chimney goes in my opinion, garbage in garbage out. I see a whole bunch of folks that I run with burning green wood, the stuff needs to be seasoned, the guys I run with like to "mix in" green wood, that is fine for some but nothing goes in my stove that is not properly seasoned.

woodbooga

woodbooga

cords of mystic memory
Will the REAL Woodbooga,Please stand up?

But my chair is soooooooooo comfy. I think I'll sit this one out. :)

I can however suggest an avatar for the similarly-named new member:

klink1.jpg

I'm looking forward to reading a thread devoted to the OP and avalancher attacking eachother with funny pictures and potty humor. ;)

Laird

Laird

Nemo me impune lacessit
Thanks for the reply, but I was hoping for some real info., not flack!! I guess this wasn't the forum site my buddy told me it was!!!

I'm looking forward to reading a thread devoted to the OP and avalancher attacking each other with funny pictures and potty humor. ;)

Methinks the OP may not be as temperamentally suited for such an exchange as Avalancher is.

woodbooga1

woodbooga1

Thanks for the replys, i'll not take it to heart! As for crap in crap out, I have a wood shed that is in 3 sections. Each section holds 4 cords of split wood, very easy to season the wood well before burning, I think my problem is, I choke the stove way down to get max burn time. This may be a bad habit, but i've been doing it and perfecting it for about 14 years now. I burn approx. 5 cords a winter give or take some for longer or shorter cold weather. Just out of curiosity, how long does it take to cure wood before burning, i'm talking green to the core wood? This new stove has the injection tubes in the top of the fire box, do these types of stove generally burn cleaner? I've been told they do. I'm hoping so.
As for the woodbooga1 name, my buddy sent that name and definition to me a few months ago via e-mail, we are both addicted to heating the home with wood and investigating wood stoves for better operation. I think it has become a desease for us, that's why the name was perfect. Thanks again

woodbooga

woodbooga

cords of mystic memory
Thanks for the replys, i'll not take it to heart! As for crap in crap out, I have a wood shed that is in 3 sections. Each section holds 4 cords of split wood, very easy to season the wood well before burning, I think my problem is, I choke the stove way down to get max burn time. This may be a bad habit, but i've been doing it and perfecting it for about 14 years now. I burn approx. 5 cords a winter give or take some for longer or shorter cold weather. Just out of curiosity, how long does it take to cure wood before burning, i'm talking green to the core wood? This new stove has the injection tubes in the top of the fire box, do these types of stove generally burn cleaner? I've been told they do. I'm hoping so.
As for the woodbooga1 name, my buddy sent that name and definition to me a few months ago via e-mail, we are both addicted to heating the home with wood and investigating wood stoves for better operation. I think it has become a desease for us, that's why the name was perfect. Thanks again

That might explain why you have a cruddy chimney. Insufficient air resulting in incomplete combustion?

As far as your seasoning question, there's so many variables. Species (e.g., red oak versus ash), climate, split size, etc.

And a word of caution to everyone else: be careful what you out in your signature line in an open forum. Your words might find their way into a stranger's inbox. :laugh:

Latest posts