Jinmar tractora

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbowling

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with these tractors, local Rural King has a 25 or 28 hp. one w/frontloader and hydraulic splitter mounted on the back for about $10,600.00, not a bad deal if tractors hold up....?????

There's a dealer near us, in business for over 10years, he does well, and after talking to a few owners, they are satisfied with the product, service, and price. When parts are needed, in most cases, its in stock or only a day or two since there is a wharehouse in Wisconsin.
The one common retrospect, as always, should have gotten the next size up. That's true with almost any tool we buy.

They are a decent tractor, but you must be mechanically inclined enough to tinker with them. Do a little reading on a couple of the tractor forums....... theres lots of feedback on them.

I am not sure what our local RK sells.

But I know they must have 20 in the back lot broke down and waiting on parts,\
When our store first brought tractors in.. couple of years back.. I looked at the date of manufacture tag. 1997.Tractor was 10 years old and brand new..
Castings are sharp, when I say sharp I mean you can cut yourself on em about any place you touch em.
These are Red and Chinese.
tractor by net would be a good place to research before you buy.

Anyone have any experience with these tractors, local Rural King has a 25 or 28 hp. one w/frontloader and hydraulic splitter mounted on the back for about $10,600.00, not a bad deal if tractors hold up....?????

Might find them a little light on bearing surfaces in rear ends. They might have corrected the problems with newer models, if you can find newer built models. I think Chinese were having trouble with the early ones and that is why you find brand new machines almost 10 years old. They dumped them on the US.

For the price, you can find a good used tractor with low hours, and a company behind it that will still be in operation 10 years from now.

New Holland, McCormick, John Deere, Case, etc.

The top Jap names such as Shibura and Yanmar are also better bets.

The oddballs that seem to be wonderfull deals and come out of nowhere, then dissapear are not new.

Belarus? Great Russian Tractor, good&cheap horsepower. Just try and find parts nowdays.

Recently "Landtrack" went belly up after a good run. It seems the Govt. of India owned most of the company, and it was a drain on the economy.
Good tractors, good price... and now "Goodbye".
Lotsa Lightly used Landtracks out there cheap right now....

Cheap Chineese anything is never a good idea in my experience, and for too many reasons.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Ditto...and I have a feeling a lot more good used tractors will hit the market soon...farmers getting half the price for corn compared to last year, lots of them bailing out...lotsa good well-maintained Cornbinders, New Hollands, Kubotas around my area...I'm sure Indiana has plenty too...Pa. is the real motherlode.

Ditto...and I have a feeling a lot more good used tractors will hit the market soon...farmers getting half the price for corn compared to last year, lots of them bailing out...lotsa good well-maintained Cornbinders, New Hollands, Kubotas around my area...I'm sure Indiana has plenty too...Pa. is the real motherlode.

Lotsa guys rode the ethanol wave and bet on the $5 bushel Corn at the Bank or Co-Op and grain has tanked.

Fruit prices are dropping like rocks thanks to imports.
(I got 50% less than the previous year last season, and it's dropping again.)

Inputs are going through the roof all around.
(Global glyphosate shortage, Urea manipulation by speculators etc.)

Ag land prices are on the rise... yep.
There's gonna be some interesting auctions this year.

I hate to see this sorta thing, but some really good Iron is going to be going for cheap.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I asked a similiar question here earlier this year about the Northern Tools tractor line, and got a similiar response. Being chinese made, although NT claims they are built right here in the USA, you would be better off looking around for a used tractor than dumping money on a tractor that may prove to be more hassle than its worth.
I talked to a local shop that services Massey Ferguson and Mahindra, as well as most other major brands, and they told me that while parts are available for these tractors, they are spendy and have to be ordered. They dont stock anything for em, and they also dont know of anyone in our area that does.
still shopping myself for a tractor, but waiting until that once in a lifetime deal comes along.
But, that 10K deal for a new tractor with a loader is tempting!

Kioti

A well constructed South Korean tractor you might consider is the Kioti. They are built by the Daedong Corp who happen to be the largest manufacturer of ag equipment in Korea. They've been selling in the US for about 50 yrs, have models from 20 up to 90 hp. They are heavier tractors than the JD, Kubota, or NH and are considered nowadays to be the equal of the big three.

But, that 10K deal for a new tractor with a loader is tempting!

A 10+ year old Kubota can be had for 6-7k most come with FEL & 3PH. Back then they really made 'em to last too. One thing about older quality tractors is that they don't nickel and dime you like older cars.

Sure occasionally parts have to be replaced...but back then they weren't designed with planned obsolescence in mind.

Personally I'd stay away from anything Chinese...they have quality issues. I heard many favorable comments about Mahindra though.

2 cents from a newbie tractor owner

I bought a tractor last december and did some market research before that.

10k on a new one is nothing. Meaning that you fall in a lower class or lower quality.

There is a big difference between a grown up lawn tractor and a down sized AG tractor. Be aware of that and take in consideration your intended use.

One very important question is replacement of parts, a good indicator in specific is the clutch. Talking to mechanics or asking for quotes will show you the difference quickly.

Replacing a clutch on a lawn tractor can be 3 times as expensive in labour as it is to for an AG. Check this before you buy.

I am very doubtfull on how much Q you get for 10K (and with fel). A Kubota or iseki bare naked goes easily 20K and a lot more. There must be a difference.

Small tractors are popular these days but i wonder how many of the new brands really build there machines for prof daily use when knowing that half of their customers are weekend warriors.

This doubles the problem as weekend warriors are most of the time more abusive (intentional or just by not having the feeling with their equipment) than pro users which depend on their machinery.

My iseki is 15 years old and was completely rebuild, meaning all bearings are new, consumables new, and a rebuild engine and cost 7K with fel. 1 year of warrantee. In AG tractor terms it means a young one, tractors are build to last and run hours, million of them.

Jinmar claims territory in the AG class, not in the home/garden/lawn class and therefore should meet the requirements.

You might question the dealer about intervention time, spare part delivery times, on spot maintenance planning and down time guarantees. These are normal questions for AG machinery and your small tractor is no other than that. (or should be)
If he gives you an odd look you know what time it is.

You dont want to spend 10K on a lookalike or a compromised deal.

Btw, they are addictive as chainsaws so be aware and prepare to spend another 10K on implements during the 6 first months of ownership.

:cheers:

I don't really know anything about Jinmar, other they're Chinese and that's all I would need to know to stay away.

8 years ago I bought this little badboy....Yanmar 20hp, 3 cylinder diesel, 4x4....With a new 60 rear discharge finish mower, new 6ft back blade and used 48" roto-tiller for $5900 out the door for everything.

Yes, it's a "gray market" tractor. Meaning it was originally made for the Japanese market and not USA so it's missing some safety stuff like ROPs etc.

The local Deere and Kubota dealers will tell you never to buy one, you can't get parts for them.....BS....A little more difficult but with the internet they're out there and can be purchased.

Mine had just over 20 hours on it when I bought it and was like brand new. It now only has a little over 300hrs and still is as tight and new feeling as the day I bought it, other than a little paint coming off the frame. This tractor has been absolutely reliable and works like it's twice its size. Mow, till, plow snow, grade drive, cut paths in back woods etc.

If you have a somewhat local dealer of "gray market" Yanmars it may be worth a drive to check one out.....I can afford to do a lot of repairs and purchase parts, if necessary, for the $15,000 I saved by not buying the green & yellow Deere. Which buy the way is a Yanmar anyway.

Here's couple links to read up on them, if your interested. There is some models you may want to avoid.
http://tractorbynet.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45
http://www.hoyetractor.com/

yanmar.jpg

My 2 cents - If 10 G's was what I had to spend, I'd look for a good used IH, Ford, Case, JD, whatever - 50 years old you can still get parts for them, their not computor sensor controlled, and on & on. Jinmar will be a forgotten word long before John Deere.

A 10+ year old Kubota can be had for 6-7k most come with FEL & 3PH. Back then they really made 'em to last too. One thing about older quality tractors is that they don't nickel and dime you like older cars.

Sure occasionally parts have to be replaced...but back then they weren't designed with planned obsolescence in mind.

Personally I'd stay away from anything Chinese...they have quality issues. I heard many favorable comments about Mahindra though.

:agree2:

When it comes to tractors, Chinese manufacturing quality is not anywhere near Japanese. In my opinion, look at almost any mechanical devise made in China and what you see is a cheap knock off made with inferior quality practices and parts.

The difference is, the chinese see a "widget" and they copy it and usually not as good as the original. The Japanese (and others) see the same "widget" and ask "how can we make this better?" and then they set out to do it. The Chinese are a long way from doing that.

Personnally, If 10K is the budget, there are many used reputable tractors that I would prefer over a new chinese made model.

Last edited:
jinmar

thanks for all the info. guys, just thinking out loud right now.. my neighbor bought a brand new Kubota 45 horse. w/frt. loader for 19,000.00, it was some sort of sale, very nice tractor just alot more then I want to spend to cut wood for myself...my 400 Artic Cat 4wd. w/trailer does a heck of a job getting wood out, it just wont drag the bigger wood out unless I cut it up short..

If your looking for a tractor for wood cutting purposes, I would consider a bobcat instead. For 10k, you can find a nice unit that is much more user friendly that a tractor for maneuverability, bucket power, and general all purpose playing. If you are considering a tractor for "farm" purposes thats another story. But for doing firewood a bobcat is the best option because it can weave between trees in a woods where a tractor will never think of driving. Bobcats are 4 wheel drive making log dragging possible also. The uses of a bobcat are endless. They are small in size and big in power, which makes them lifesavers.

Back