job change

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

legendrider

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
If I was willing to travel to work for a tree service company. Where do think I should look? I have been looking in the papers here in NJ and there is not much going on. I have decided to head the panels advice on working for a company that can give me the training that courses can not. Thanks

Call up tree companies and landscapers in a good for you distance. You could be getting work if only as a sub, or contract climber. If you like the company and they can use you full time go for it. Pruning skills are very important thing to push.

Jack

ms, how would one get a job in the UK? I was looking into Ireland one nite outta curiousity, and it stated that no laborers were allowed work permits. From how the site read, you could only work there if you were an IT guy or business man. Is that about the same for England? Would you need a sponsor? If you have any info, please send it my way. Thanks.

legendrider,
look in the yellow pages and call the companies local to you and see what they have open. some of the larger companies may be have more extensive training programs available to you. in you neck of the woods it may be hard to get a tree job this time of year without any experience. the spring may be a better time to try if you have no luck now.

Re: NZ climbing

Originally posted by TimberMcPherson
We get alot of arborists down from UK and europe and a few canadians, I wonder if you could work down these ways as there is a shortage of climbers.
My friend is going to NZ next month for a year to see how he likes it. He's pretty pumped about it.

possible job openings

Check your e-mail , there may be openings in Southern Bergen County, with the care of trees.

Good luck,

Corey

Without a doubt the yellow pages are the primary source for seeking new employmet... A wealth of information... area, info about the company etc...

30 minutes of leaving messages will get you hired... you might even get a few offers with a little more time and get a chance to feel out a couple of different companies...

Good Luck.

the trouble with searching the yellow pages is if a newby does get hired he could be getting hired by a hack company he wouldn't know being new to the proffesion..my local yelow pages has more hacks in it than proffesionals

i would suggest getting in touch with his local authority and ask them if they could supply details of any companys that may contract to them ,a company overhere that does council/authority work is usually of a high standard ie practacing modern prunning ,insured , and following health and safety regs etc

anyway good luck

hey timber.
one of our guys worked out in new zealand a year back.
a company called tree fellas i think

did you see marcus's new advert yet rolla.
handsome bloke in the pic dont you reckon

yeah nice add i bet she cost a bob or two..stephen tell you what you got a good face for behind a computer:D not sure about yellow pages though :D

its cos of the cheap paper, i look pretty good on basildon bond

Back