John Deere 440IC crawler Blade

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thomas72

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I just got me a 440 crawler that was used in the forestry, but since it just pulled a plow for fire brakes it never had the blade installed. I was wondering if anyone around here knew where one might be around Georgia. I think I can make one off a 1010 work. I realy like the dozer though, I need to rebuild the engine and change stering clutches, but the under carrage is in good shape. The little dozer has a two cylinder gas engine so I can rebuild it fairly cheap and the clutches are fairley resonable as well. I will post some pictures of it when I get it to my house.

440 crawler is a nice machine, funny I am in the process of an engine rebuild on mine 2 cyl gas & replacing the steering clutches, money wise fairly cheap but the steer clutches are a pain to change!!! nice simple machines.

LXT...........

440 crawler is a nice machine, funny I am in the process of an engine rebuild on mine 2 cyl gas & replacing the steering clutches, money wise fairly cheap but the steer clutches are a pain to change!!! nice simple machines.

LXT...........
Not compared to some machines!I've heard horror stories!!!Are you guys members at JDcrawlers.com??

Not compared to some machines!I've heard horror stories!!!Are you guys members at JDcrawlers.com??

Im not a member! compared to a newer machine they`re not as fast or as comfortable but remember.....these are 40+ year old machines & are still running & working!

I bought mine for $1800 & it has more than earned its keep!!!

LXT..........

I am registered on the jdcrawlers forum. Great source for info and parts. I am in the process on rebuilding mine as well. Just a reminder while you are messing with the finals check the bearings in them. I have to replace the bearings in mine.

Latest posts

Back