John Deere CS56 chain saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joed

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Any feedback on the new pro series John Deere CS56 saw would be great. How does it compare to husky and Stihl. What about parts availability?

See the post on best saw for $300-$350. I ran one, only briefly, and I believe it's one of the best buys around. Check out chainsaws4u.com for good prices. Personally I'd spend the extra and jump to the CS-62 with no weight penalty, but the CS-56 is still a good saw, much better than an Stihl 029 which would be comparable in price. The CS-62 is much more fuel efficient than the CS-56, so that's another reason to spend a little more and get the CS-62. The saw is basically an EFCO 956, which means if you can't get parts from Deere, you will still have another source. Deere is usually pretty good about tractor parts, but I don't have experience with saw parts.

Last edited:
cs56

me and my friend cut firewood.i have 357xp husky and he has deere cs56 .it is a very well made saw with great power.it will smoke my dads ms290 he uses on farm and hangs right in there with my husky.but he found it on ebay for 252.00 total.thats 100 dollars less than stihl and 300 less than a husky new.(got mine for 150 on ebay :):chainsaw: you will not go wrong with buying one.

Back