Jonsered 2153 coming to US?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:bang: 1st of the year, will have the cat. BOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Retail not set yet, but expect $10 or $20 more than the orange one. Standard model and also available with heated handles.

Looks like you will have to stock up on non-cat mufflers then......

Husky 137, 142, 340, 345, e-series, are all Smart Start, and that is the spring-assisted starter mechanism......

:cheers:

Last edited:
Can you get one before the first of the year without a CAT?

I got the Husky version before it is officially availiable here (it still isn't), and without the cat - in Sweden it is on the web-site, but only with a cat (E-tech) - In Germany they are listed only without cat - time will tell......:greenchainsaw:

Last edited:
Quick question:

Do we have to actually HAVE one in our hands before we start belittling the Stihlheads as to how much better it is than the 260?? :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Those posts just dont add up my friend - "smart start" in Husky lingo means deco valve, no more - no less.

My (Swedish) Husky catalog specifically explains that "Smart Smart" is functions and technologies to make the saw easier to start, but that the specific solution on each model can be different.

The only saws in the Swedish line-up to not have "Smart Start" at all is the 339 and the "old" 346.

For Jonsered, the only two saws that does not have "Spin Start" are the 2137 and the 2141, but of the others only the 2138, 2141s and 2145s are spring assisted.

Quick question:

Do we have to actually HAVE one in our hands before we start belittling the Stihlheads as to how much better it is than the 260?? :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Maybe not, but the 026 was a great saw of its time - but that was a while ago.......:)

Also remember that Tom has ordered a NE346xp from Spike......

Last edited:
My (Swedish) Husky catalog specifically explains that "Smart Smart" is functions and technologies to make the saw easier to start, but that the specific solution on each model can be different.

Hah - new defination to fit the new POS way of doing things, in response to Stihls :angry2: :angry2: :angry: Easy-Start......:popcorn: :givebeer:

Last edited:
Quick question:

I pitty the saws that the MS261 will dominate when it arrives...and it will arrive...:popcorn: :clap: :rock:

I just saw this on Yardngarden's site (Spike gets the print copy).

It kinda explains the HP difference...DIN usually results in higher numbers than SAE. Perhaps Husky quotes DIN here in the States...

---------------
Jonsered CS 2153 Turbo
The Jonsered CS 2153 Turbo from U.S. importer Tilton Equipment is designed for chain saw enthusiasts who want high performance in a well-engineered machine. This new 50.1-cc model offers an exceptional power-to-weight ratio from its 11-pound powerhead; it is rated at 3.7 DIN hp. According to Jonsered, the saw has a number of user-friendly features, and the engine has been designed to deliver fast throttle response and a broad power band for strong torque at all rpm. The CS 2153 also features a spring-assisted starter, decompression valve and an air purge primer, as well as a quick-release top cover and vibration-isolated carburetor.
---------------

Thanks again to Spike for finding this in the first place...I can't freakin' wait.

Oh Happy Days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The neighborhood just got better.
Now if Jonsered would sell the 357xp version in the states I could get rid of my ms361.
Sorry Thall,
I won't be getting the 346xp make mine a Jonsered 2153.

I just saw this on Yardngarden's site (Spike gets the print copy).

It kinda explains the HP difference...DIN usually results in higher numbers than SAE. Perhaps Husky quotes DIN here in the States... ....
Thanks again to Spike for finding this in the first place...I can't freakin' wait.

Stick to the kW numbers when in doubt.....

The NE346 is rated at 2.7kW/3.7hp,

and the 2153 at 2.6kw/3.54hp - at least in Sweden.....

Last edited:
Oh Happy Days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The neighborhood just got better.
Now if Jonsered would sell the 357xp version in the states I could get rid of my ms361.
Sorry Thall,
I won't be getting the 346xp make mine a Jonsered 2153.

Maccall is correct; the 2156 has been here for about 2 years now. Got one myself! Tilton seems to prefer to sell them with .325, which is what I left on mine, (21LP, 18"). It does seem really quick with the .325, and it balances much better with the 18" bar. But as far as selling it goes, most everyone wants it with a 20" 3/8. In most cases that preference is so they can use the same chain loop as on their 2171/372. The other item is that the 2156 is only available as a "C" model here in the US. (I ditched the "C" on mine before I fired it up).

I also ditched that auto-deco that it came with. I'm surprised that more hasn't been posted about that stupid thing. When that thing fails it will toast the saw. Husky quietly stopped putting them on the 357's, which now come with the old style deco. I assume that Jonsered made the change at the same time. (I haven't had 2156's in stock due to a deal that I got on 357's). Every saw that comes into the shop, I automatically switch over to the older style deco. You also have to put a cap and small wire clip over the port at the bottom of the cylinder. $20 worth of parts will save a $200 P&C.

Latest posts

Back