Jonsered 2188 = Husky 390xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stipes

stipes

Addicted to ArboristSite

Much diffrence in the weight to the 2186???? So glad they came out with a bigger cc saw... Humm,,,think I found my next saw to buy..... :)

Austin1

Austin1

Addicted to ArboristSite
The 2188 is basically the 2186, with more cc and power - it is not a "strato" saw.
You always have the latest and greatest info! That sounds very interesting. Although I don't need a saw that big,the 7900 can take care of anything and I have the 105, but suffering from CAD well you know? I wonder if Canada will feel the epa 2010 stuff? I know you can still buy a regular gas can here.

Last edited:
stipes

stipes

Addicted to ArboristSite
2186 been doin good so far milling..

I've been wanting to start milling but wasn't sure if the 2186 had the CC's to cut it. I think the 2188 is the way to go. :)

Been using it just for milling and doing a good job....When the 2188 hits here I would like a 2 saw plan for my mill...The 2186 for the Mini mill and the 2188 for the Alaskan... Think that would make a good combo.....

Austin1

Austin1

Addicted to ArboristSite
I've been wanting to start milling but wasn't sure if the 2186 had the CC's to cut it. I think the 2188 is the way to go. :)
I have been thinking of milling also, nothing too big but nice strait Lodge Poll Pine in the 14'' to 16'' range. I my self would go with the 2186 as parts are available or I would use the 7900 with a milling chain.

B_Turner

B_Turner

Addicted to ArboristSite
Still wondering if the 2010 EPA world will be as strict as previously reported.

Certain folks had been saying all non strato/cat saws would be gone by 2010, I just don't see it happening...

PB

Addicted to ArboristSite
Been using it just for milling and doing a good job....When the 2188 hits here I would like a 2 saw plan for my mill...The 2186 for the Mini mill and the 2188 for the Alaskan... Think that would make a good combo.....

How do you like it for that purpose? What do you mill? A few more cc's wouldn't hurt though right?

I have been thinking of milling also, nothing too big but nice strait Lodge Poll Pine in the 14'' to 16'' range. I my self would go with the 2186 as parts are available or I would use the 7900 with a milling chain.

If the 2188 is like the 390, it is just a different p&c and all the other parts should interchange with the 2186. I could always rob parts from the Husky counterpart if needed.

I am just glad to see any new JReds, I don't want them to go the way of Partner.

Last edited:
Austin1

Austin1

Addicted to ArboristSite
How do you like it for that purpose? What do you mill? A few more cc's wouldn't hurt thought right?

If the 2188 is like the 390, it is just a different p&c and all the other parts should interchange with the 2186. I could always rob parts from the Husky counterpart if needed.

I am just glad to see any new JReds, I don't want them to go the way of Partner.
Yes any new Jred is good!

Latest posts