Jonsered 630 super?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little searching on here turned up some info. Urs prob has a plastic brake handle? Said most later ones are one-piece ignition, yours is prob still a two piece. Sounds like parts swapping can be a little tricky. Basically based on the husky 162. Seems to be good info out there, but we need pics :D

So thats a silver tag then? Should be 48mm i think? Not sure what the super is for honestly, but i dont think its any bigger bore or anything than the 630.

10-4 it's a silver tag. All 3 of them areas well as all 2 piece ignition. I'm working on them as we speak. The "super" is supposed to be a closed port as the 630 is open. So I've read.

So far one 630 runs good and the "super" runs but leans out at high rpm. I've got 4 carbs and a parts saw:cool:

Pics to come cus

Serial number 6415188
It is a 2 ring saw too so......
@SawTroll

10-4 it's a silver tag. All 3 of them areas well as all 2 piece ignition. I'm working on them as we speak. The "super" is supposed to be a closed port as the 630 is open. So I've read.

So far one 630 runs good and the "super" runs but leans out at high rpm. I've got 4 carbs and a parts saw:cool:

Pics to come cus

1986 week 41.

I don't believe any 630s came from the factory with an open port - the open port version was the 625. What it has today may be a different story though....

So what is the difference between a 630 and a 630 super ? So far all I've seen is that it has felling sights. Haven't looked at carbs yet

All the air filters are the same. I ran a 630 and the super. The super is definitely meaner. I just did a mm/BG delete on the 630 and it's close to the super but not quite the power. I'll do some more digging for info tonight.

Might be for sale guys!
1262f666ff4ed726c9c9b7602945aa05.jpg
fe3f836c2b7907ab98d61dfc4f0c3c59.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Did you buy the saws off here? I can't remember if that trio was 630's or 670's.

I did get them here. I ended up trading. Nice saws I like them there are just so many variations. I really want to get that 630 super running correct. It's pretty nasty. The one in the pic is a standard 630. The other one is a parts saw.

Super has a bigger carb. Tillotson HS carbs on both 630 & Super don't remember carb #'s.
Shep

If memory serves me.....the regular 630 used the 218 Tilly and Super used the 224 Tilly at least early on......a fair amount larger bore.....another interesting note is exception of the 630 V.....basically a regular 630 but had the 224 carb when the other current 630s had the 218......I assume to help make up for the power loss due to the added resistance of the heated handles. Most of these saws came with two "thin" rings which were designed and marketed as a high performance feature. Which it actually was by having the sealing properties of two opposing ring end gaps but with the friction of a single 1.5MM . However these didn't work out very well as the thin rings didn't have the tension/memory needed and had a tendency to become stuck with carbon build up easily. I have several saws that are still running thin rings and I get along fine but use full synth oil at 50:1 and don't subscribe to the "More is Better" oil theory when mixing fuel......perhaps had we had very high quality, high detergent full synth oils readily available in the 80s the thin ring set up might have not had such a failure rate.

Thank you! The 625 being open port makes more sense.

The 625 came several years after the 630 and 670 btw, in 1987 if memory serves. It was meant as a "farmer" model comparable to the Husky 61, while the 630 basically was a red version of the 162 SE (and a "pro" saw).

Be aware that the red versions weren't exactly the same internally as the orange counterparts at that point.

Latest posts

Back