Jonsered 80

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tbenzinger

Reaction score
I have a Jonsered 80, runs ok, cuts ok. I also have a Husky 268 that runs great, cuts great. can anyone tell me if the Jonsered will ever be able to cut like the Husky? or am I talking apples to oranges here? (Trying to decide if I should keep it, or trade off on another larger Husky.)

I have a Jonsered 80, runs ok, cuts ok. I also have a Husky 268 that runs great, cuts great. can anyone tell me if the Jonsered will ever be able to cut like the Husky? or am I talking apples to oranges here? (Trying to decide if I should keep it, or trade off on another larger Husky.)

Welcome to the site!!
Well.... you are talking Red apples to Orange oranges. The 80 won't ever turn as fast as the 268 so chain speed will be lower.....but....put a 24-28" bar on both and dig them onto some serious 30" diameter hardwood like oak or ash and you'll find the 268 not quite as zippy.....and the 80 doesn't slow down much just gets louder.....two different tools for two different jobs. I have a ported 268XP conversion saw that I just love.....pretty much my go to saw.......until I need real grunt then I reach for one of my 80's. All that said the Jonsereds 80 is a real good saw but an old platform and parts hard to come by. The 268 is getting long of tooth too. Depends on your saw needs and your mechanical abilities and a number of other variables.

Latest posts

Back