Jonsered Chain saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

judbut

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I purchased this Jonsered saw about 30 years ago & cannot find a parts manual for it. I don't know what model it is but its ser# is 552543. It runs great but am having trouble with the auto chain oiler. The local dealer says the oiler is no longer available.
Can anyone help?

jonsered

Absolutly not true. I have a 1984 jonsered 630 and had to replace the gears for my oil pump. Call Baileys,they will hook you up.

Steve

Jonsered chainsaw

My saw is older than a 630. It does not have any chain brake. I may have purchased it closer to 1970.
Would this make a difference?

My saw is older than a 630. It does not have any chain brake. I may have purchased it closer to 1970.
Would this make a difference?

You probably have a 621 or 52 or 70 or something like that. Those parts are long gone. Those saws have a series of o-rings that can be replaced and sometimes fix an oiler. Also, on a saw that old make sure the oil line isn't clogged or broken. If you do need parts used ones can be found.

Jonsared Cahin saw

According to the chainsaw collectors corner my saw may be a 410, 45, 452, or 49SP. The only picture available was the 49SP and it looks like that.
Is the Auto oil pump located on the front of the saw under the muffler or is it under the bar&chain on the side? My next thought is to try & remove the oiler for inspection.
Thanks for your help.

According to the chainsaw collectors corner my saw may be a 410, 45, 452, or 49SP. The only picture available was the 49SP and it looks like that.
Is the Auto oil pump located on the front of the saw under the muffler or is it under the bar&chain on the side? My next thought is to try & remove the oiler for inspection.
Thanks for your help.

If it is a 49SP, the oiler is under the muffler on the left.

The adjuster screw is underneath the saw about halfway back on the clutch side.

To set it for normal operation, lightly seat the adjuster screw closed by turning it clockwise, then back it out 1 1/2 to 2 turns.

HTH

Jonsared chain saw

The top cover is black and it is split, with the plug cover attached to the air cleaner cover. The air filter is a plastic framed nylon mesh. It has a tillitson carb a 3/8 chain. There no adjustment for oil flow under, near the chain or along the side of the saw.

The top cover is black and it is split, with the plug cover attached to the air cleaner cover. The air filter is a plastic framed nylon mesh. It has a tillitson carb a 3/8 chain. There no adjustment for oil flow under, near the chain or along the side of the saw.

I think the 50 and 51 had non-adjustable oilers.

The file that SawTroll linked to mentions it.

I can take some pics of the saw (digital) but I don't know how to send them to this site.

The picture is very close. The air intake screen for cooling is slightly different than mine. I'm not looking for a parts saw as mine has hardly used. I am looking for an oiler so I will keep trying to find the model # so I can get the right one.

The picture is very close. The air intake screen for cooling is slightly different than mine. I'm not looking for a parts saw as mine has hardly used. I am looking for an oiler so I will keep trying to find the model # so I can get the right one.

Did you download the .pdf file sawtroll posted? It has a parts breakdown on a whole slew of old Jonsered's... Including the 49 SP.

You should be able to confirm the oiler location and parts from his document. I'm guessing parts are no longer available from your dealer... So you'll have to find NOS (new old stock) or used parts... Or, if we're talking o-rings, find some that will fit.

If your saw isn't oiling, you need to pull the pump, and inspect the drive gears. That's assuming you have thoroughly cleaned any orifice that might be plugged.

1984 Jonsered 630

Absolutly not true. I have a 1984 jonsered 630 and had to replace the gears for my oil pump. Call Baileys,they will hook you up.

Steve

I am looking for a replacement on/off sliding ignition switch for my 1984 Jonsered 630 Chainsaw..do you have any idea where I might get information on a part number or somewhere that might have the part? Having no luck finding it in store or on line. Thanks

Thanks for your help.

What color is the top cover of the saw? - the serial number makes me think it could be on other version than the 49SP....

I am looking for a replacement on/off sliding ignition switch for my 1984 Jonsered 630 Chainsaw..do you have any idea where I might get information on a part number or somewhere that might have the part? Having no luck finding it in store or on line. Thanks

nla no longer available
use a switch for a 272 husky and add a ground screw

Latest posts

Back