Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
taplinhill

taplinhill

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Did they really make a 49sp-e or 49E-sp or are you just messin with me????!!!!! :happy:

I'm just messin' with ya. It brings up a funny subject though. When I was 14-15 I worked in the town cemeteries. We had a black top 49cc Jonsereds that was missing it's decals. The father and son I worked for always called it a "51E". I ran that saw quite a bit cutting brush and always liked it. When the bug bit me, one of the saws I first looked for was a 51E. As you may know, there is no 51E. I did find a 51 and some 52E's. Well a few years ago I bumped into one of the guys I worked with and asked him about that saw. His response; "51E, 52E, it was something like that." His dad still has the saw, and I have first crack at it if they ever decide to sell.

taplinhill

taplinhill

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
This will be interesting....I was offered this 111S a couple yrs ago for $350.oo no B&C. He said it ran ok......I passed ...didn't have a spare $350 burning a hole in my pocket and I wanted one with less usage.......gotta watch and see what he gets for it....I bet he'll do better than $350.....If I remember right he has six, including one that has never been run.......he may have some parts or parts saws too I don't know....might be worth contacting him if you need parts....if he doesn't he may well know who does......good guy.....some of you saw me kicking his aazz with my 111S on video!!!!! (Not the 111s that's for sale)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jonsered-11...215?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item46363ed92f

That saw began it's life in Bethel, VT at Frank Lambert's. That's a rare saw in these parts.

Cantdog
Yup. Now I have to wade through the ebay ******** of waiting up to a week for the seller to respond so we can resolve the issue. blah, blah, blah

I'm just asking for a refund and see how that goes over.

Generally speaking I've had good luck with ebay sellers.........I have never had to have ebay step in. I always start polite and friendly and have had good luck as most sellers will bend over backwards to avoid bad feedback. In fact I've frequently ended up better off than the original deal. Hope this works out for you...

Real1shepherd
This will be interesting....I was offered this 111S a couple yrs ago for $350.oo no B&C. He said it ran ok......I passed ...didn't have a spare $350 burning a hole in my pocket and I wanted one with less usage.......gotta watch and see what he gets for it....I bet he'll do better than $350.....If I remember right he has six, including one that has never been run.......he may have some parts or parts saws too I don't know....might be worth contacting him if you need parts....if he doesn't he may well know who does......good guy.....some of you saw me kicking his aazz with my 111S on video!!!!! (Not the 111s that's for sale)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jonsered-11...215?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item46363ed92f

Interesting for sure! I dunno....part of me wants that saw, but the pragmatist in me says to stay clear of a Holy Grail saw with virtually no parts support. The Husky 2100 is giving me enough fits, doesn't really make sense to jump to another, scarcer points saw. I'd just like to 'borrow' one for about a week and get it out of my system....lol!

Kevin

Real1shepherd
Picked up the 111s today :mad:

Some pieces pictured in the auction were not sent with the saw.:wtf:

I'd start out sweet as sugar as Robin said.....you can always work up to the rough stuff later. Feel him out, maybe he'll supply the missing parts and even more. Plenty of liars & thieves in the chainsaw section of ebay, but some real nice sorts as well.

Kevin

WoodDean

WoodDean

ArboristSite Guru
Generally speaking I've had good luck with ebay sellers.........I have never had to have ebay step in. I always start polite and friendly and have had good luck as most sellers will bend over backwards to avoid bad feedback. In fact I've frequently ended up better off than the original deal. Hope this works out for you...

Ok, we're renegotiating the price. Here's a pic of what I got, which isn't much;

IMG_0782_2.jpg

WoodDean

WoodDean

ArboristSite Guru
The bad; :(

The top cover is trashed, broken in the back and some of the bolt ears are gone.
Cylinder is scarred badly inside, actually it's a fairly deep gouge several inches long running between a couple of the ports.
The crank turns hard and looks a bit rusty inside. Water?
Looks like some pieces are missing from the decomp valve.
Muffler has a big hole in it.
I got a connecting rod, spacers and a bag of needle bearings to something that's not a 111s.
The plastic choke knob is broke.
All of the recoil pieces are missing except the frame.
I can't tell if it's the correct carb.

The Good: :)

At one time it was a 111s
Inside the gas tank looks ok.
I believe the case halves are ok.
It has a handle.
I got a bag of assorted bolts!!!!!!!

Cantdog
The bad; :(

The top cover is trashed, broken in the back and some of the bolt ears are gone.
Cylinder is scarred badly inside, actually it's a fairly deep gouge several inches long running between a couple of the ports.
The crank turns hard and looks a bit rusty inside. Water?
Looks like some pieces are missing from the decomp valve.
Muffler has a big hole in it.
I got a connecting rod, spacers and a bag of needle bearings to something that's not a 111s.
The plastic choke knob is broke.
All of the recoil pieces are missing except the frame.
I can't tell if it's the correct carb.

The Good: :)

At one time it was a 111s
Inside the gas tank looks ok.
I believe the case halves are ok.
It has a handle.
I got a bag of assorted bolts!!!!!!!

Well it has along way to go....but if you can get enough of a refund there are still a lot of decent parts.......what parts do you think are missing from the decomp?? Remember these don't pop up ....they turn...and you have to turn them once the saw starts...not auto like new saws...very basic but seem to work good...

cambl

cambl

ArboristSite Guru
jonseredsad_01-jpg.402664

I hope you don't mind but I posted this over in the Poulan thread. High praise for the little Poulan 25 (Jonsereds M35)

Fossil- do you have this flyer scanned, or in a format you can send me?

Thank you.

Real1shepherd
Dean, my suggestion is to cut your losses, negotiate a more fair price and then part it out to get your money back.. Go for the one that Robin linked to earlier on ebay. Ten yrs ago that 111S you bought wouldn't have brought $75 on ebay like it is. Prices are relative for sure, but the hyped 'muscle' saws like the 111S are not gonna bring 'fair' prices on ebay.

Kevin

Real1shepherd
Ok, we're renegotiating the price. Here's a pic of what I got, which isn't much;

View attachment 411047

Supposed to be a Tilly HS-112 series according to Acres. I have no idea what other J'red saws that carb was used on, if any. The 80 & 90 used a different Tilly, for example. Take some pics of just the carb at different poses and I might be able to identify if it's a 80/90 carb. Robin could tell ya if it's the correct carb for the 111S, I'm sure.

Kevin

WoodDean

WoodDean

ArboristSite Guru
Supposed to be a Tilly HS-112 series according to Acres. I have no idea what other J'red saws that carb was used on, if any. The 80 & 90 used a different Tilly, for example. Take some pics of just the carb at different poses and I might be able to identify if it's a 80/90 carb. Robin could tell ya if it's the correct carb for the 111S, I'm sure.

Kevin
IMG_0783.jpg
IMG_0785.jpg

Real1shepherd
Looking it over carefully with a 80/90 Tilly in my hand, it's definitely not a 80/90 carb and not a 910 carb either......that much I know. For that number to work, it has to have a HS stamped before it...even if it's on another part of the carb. So....it's probably HS 118B. Although on the Tilly website, the HS goes to 100cc and then the HL was used on chainsaws larger. I'm kinda thinkin' you have the right carb....just need a few 111S members to speak up?

Kevin