Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I think I found out what happened. Seller asked if I had a pink plastic zip lock bag with the saw.
I said I did not, but I had a clear zip lock bag with a connecting rod, wrist pin, spacer washers and needle bearings that do not belong to a 111s.

My guess is they belong with the carb and fit a stihl . . . . . and that's all I'm going to say about that. :yes:

Good sleuthing on the carb guys....certainly appears to be for one of those poser, orange & white things. It's OK to mention Husky with J'red....but don't even bring mention of those other things in here....lol!

How about you send him that 'other' saw crap back and get the real package....along with the $100 off???

Kevin

No, I am not sure at all - the design just looks too clumcy to be OEM.

I was thinking the same thing when I looked at mine. Like they just chopped it off without finishing the front design.
And from what I've been reading they have a tendency to crack where the handle bolts to the back of the gas tank.

I was thinking the same thing when I looked at mine. Like they just chopped it off without finishing the front design.
And from what I've been reading they have a tendency to crack where the handle bolts to the back of the gas tank.

Yeah, I talked about that with Robin and linked him here to the discussion...probably the same one you've been reading. I don't remember if there is a cure other than keeping an eye on the bolts and making sure they are tight.

Hard to say on that full-wrap.......in the 80/90 owners chop off the handle like that because the AV mount that goes back to the saw from the handle, has been extinct for quit some time. It would be nice to know how other member's 111S saws are terminated on that side of the full-wrap.

I was trying to fall with my 90 the other day that doesn't have a full wrap....I felt like a three legged dog. I guess it just depends on what you're used to.

Kevin

I believe the full wrap on the 111 terminates a little above the bottom of the saw with a slightly larger than the handle dia. round end plate. Don't think they ever returned to the case like newer ones....just stopped on the vertical with that plate so your hand wouldn't slide off.

Which begs the question;why would somebody just cut it off higher like on Dean's saw? Wouldn't really make access to the clutch cover any easier, would it?

Kevin

Since I'm posting pics, I'll throw up the latest installment of my old brochure picture show.
There are some interesting changes from the 51 discussed in the ad. New cylinder design, new chainbrake.

img254.jpg img255.jpg img257.jpg

Not mine, but an image I have.

View attachment 411803

Oh hell yeah, putting chainsaws on a coffee table!! I only have a 910 P&C and a vacuum/pressure tester on mine......and a lot of magazines. Beautiful shape, those 670's. There must be a way to blow up those old ads so I can read them. When I try to enlarge them, they pixelate. The FBI and the NSA do it all the time on TV.....lol!

The pic of the 111S full-wrap is so weird.....it just looks like it was meant to connect back to the saw body. No piece on the cut end like Robin was talkin' about to stop your hand. So Eric, what does your full-wrap 111S look like then?

Kevin

Oh hell yeah, putting chainsaws on a coffee table!! I only have a 910 P&C and a vacuum/pressure tester on mine......and a lot of magazines. Beautiful shape, those 670's. There must be a way to blow up those old ads so I can read them. When I try to enlarge them, they pixelate. The FBI and the NSA do it all the time on TV.....lol!

The pic of the 111S full-wrap is so weird.....it just looks like it was meant to connect back to the saw body. No piece on the cut end like Robin was talkin' about to stop your hand. So Eric, what does your full-wrap 111S look like then?

Kevin

My 111S has the half wrap on it. The thing I don't like about the full wrap from a collector's perspective is the fact that the hand guard has to be removed. To me they are more functional without the hand guard, but look incomplete without them.

As for the brochures, the file size is pretty big, so I guess I reduced it a little too much. I just looked into it, and I guess AS automatically changes the size, which makes it unreadable. If anybody wants larger versions, just send me your email and I can send them to you.

Attachments

• Jonsereds52EBrochure_01.jpg
    Jonsereds52EBrochure_01.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Jonsereds52EBrochure_02.jpg
    Jonsereds52EBrochure_02.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 20
  • Jonsereds52EBrochure_03.jpg
    Jonsereds52EBrochure_03.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 16
My 111S has the half wrap on it. The thing I don't like about the full wrap from a collector's perspective is the fact that the hand guard has to be removed. To me they are more functional without the hand guard, but look incomplete without them.

As for the brochures, the file size is pretty big, so I guess I reduced it a little too much. I just looked into it, and I guess AS automatically changes the size, which makes it unreadable. If anybody wants larger versions, just send me your email and I can send them to you.

So the hand guard at the end of the tubing comes off....or has to be cut off? Does someone have a pic of the full-wrap with the hand guard? Oh wait a minute...you're talking about that plastic piece on the top cover that curls up on the older J'reds? I've always removed those....first big branch strike and they'll get cracked or broken.

The full wrap on the 111S does look overblown and clunky. If you look at the full wrap on the Husky 2100 for example, it's much more streamlined. But there's a tradeoff....the closer the handle bar gets to the saw, the harder it is to take off parts like the clutch cover and starter housing.

Yes, I'd love to have readable copies;[email protected]

Kevin

I think this looks much better on the saw:

View attachment 411961

May look better than that other abortion, but if you're gonna use a heavy saw like that for serious fallin', you need the full wrap. If you're just gonna buck logs and make firewood, then that handle is fine. You got no buckin' dawgs either.

Kevin

Latest posts

Back