Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I posted that link before...been there a long time...lol He's crazy too....the rare, bottom handle AV's and bracket are absent.

By comparison, you can get a NOS full wrap for the Husky 2100 for that. And that saw has equaled or exceeded the 111S in prices/hype.

Kevin

Hi folks,

I have an early 630 torn apart. Crank bearings are toast and main bearing is suspect. Will an early 61 crank swap in?

As well, I see a PN on the bearings from the saw, SKF 6202-c3. Is there a PN (SKF or other) for the piston pin bearing as well? I would like to try a bearing supplier first.

Thanks for the help.

Hi folks,

I have an early 630 torn apart. Crank bearings are toast and main bearing is suspect. Will an early 61 crank swap in?

As well, I see a PN on the bearings from the saw, SKF 6202-c3. Is there a PN (SKF or other) for the piston pin bearing as well? I would like to try a bearing supplier first.

Thanks for the help.

Hi Cory,

The Greek has an aftermarket bearing for that saw which means you should be able to take the bearing into a bearing supplier and get a match.

http://www.dlastore.com/e_store/pis...a-machines-503255601-501511301-503733901.html

Here's an IPL link:http://www.jonsered.ws/630.pdf

Looks like the J'red # for the wrist pin bearing is;503 73 39-01

Which of course won't help you at a bearing house, but maybe on eBay or someone with NOS stock.

Kevin

Thanks Kevin.

Any idea on the 61 crank assembly swapping in? PN are looking the same but I haven't split the 61 donor yet. Same 2 piece ignition cases. Hoping it would work provided key is in same location. Both are course thread shaft.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nasty fire you've got there just across the line. Smoke is unbelievable. I hope everyone in the thick of it is getting the help they need. Very brave folks on the front.

Cory

Thanks Kevin.

Any idea on the 61 crank assembly swapping in? PN are looking the same but I haven't split the 61 donor yet. Same 2 piece ignition cases. Hoping it would work provided key is in same location. Both are course thread shaft.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nasty fire you've got there just across the line. Smoke is unbelievable. I hope everyone in the thick of it is getting the help they need. Very brave folks on the front.

Cory

Very brave firefighters and they're giving their lives as well. Problem are the volunteers...they have to commit real personnel to keep them safe, which takes away from the fire related issues. They're trying to focus on saving homes and figuring out what to do with the volunteers they asked for.

I can't answer your question about the cranks...maybe Robin or Eric will know. Typically, the older J'reds cross many model lines...a nice feature today when so much is NLA. From what you see so far, it sounds like they will interchange. Hope one of the guys chimes in.

Kevin

These two saws are from the same seller...claims he just picked these up from an "old guy"...Bronx cheer to ya fella. The calendar on his camera is 2014, so either something is screwy, or it just hasn't been updated. Looks like the 80 had a full-wrap and someone just hacked it off...not cool. Broken hand guard on the 621, but the plug cover still there.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JONSEREDS-80-CHAINSAW

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JONSEREDS-621-CHAINSAW

He started low on ea saw...be interesting to see where these go as far as market pricing. My guess is that he stole them from the "old guy". Both seem to be stock and in reasonable condition. The 80 is set-up for the flocked round filter. The 621 is set-up for the copper/brass mesh round filter.

I'm handcuffing myself away from these two.

Kevin

Just received my NOS 2171 W today. It's a 2000 year model. I was lucky enough to find this online last week. I actually bought a new 272 from the same guy. Now the question is should I sell my Hardy used 2008 2171 and keep the heated version. Our just keep both. 20150827_190122.jpg20150827_190159.jpg

Anyone ever try to set a 70E P&C on a 52E chassis?

I have some spare parts. Not enough for the job, but that could be remedied should anyone have any encouraging input on the matter.....

Thanks Kevin.

If both have the course thread it should work. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there are three different crankshafts. The first one has the course thread, the second is the same except for the fine thread clutch and the third has a different taper and uses a different flywheel and is used with the one piece ignition.

Well, the two J'reds on eBay that I linked to went as follows: $96 for the 621 and $107.50 for the 80.

I'm not sure if the market is a little soft right now, or nobody wanted to reward the obvious 'flipper'. I would have bought them both because the shipping is only $25ea, but I'm done until I get more stuff back up and runnin'. My youngest son says I'm a hoarder.....with ten saws, that's not really possible.

Now as we slowly get into firewood season, maybe the prices will start to climb again.

Kevin

Yeah, I was watching that 80 since you put up the link and was going to put a bid in on it at that price..... Then I lost track of the time :angry:. I'm with you as I probably have enough projects already.

I did, but I haven't had much time to cut with it yet. Definitely needed a carb kit (strange things were going on in there), it was a little touchy to re-tune... but it seems pretty strong. I'm just waiting for it to cool off a little so I can get after my firewood and then I'll see how it really does.

Yeah, I was watching that 80 since you put up the link and was going to put a bid in on it at that price..... Then I lost track of the time :angry:. I'm with you as I probably have enough projects already.

I've done that a lot...even on stuff I really wanted.

Those were good prices for older eBay J'red saws that seem to be dead stock and everything there for the most part. I haven't got my 621 runnin' yet and so I don't even know if I'll like the saw...lol. There was a time when I was always looking for another 80....that time has passed.

Be cool if those buyers came in here...the closest we came to that was a seller coming in here to chastise me for critiquing his auction. That was kinda fun...lol

Kevin

If both have the course thread it should work. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there are three different crankshafts. The first one has the course thread, the second is the same except for the fine thread clutch and the third has a different taper and uses a different flywheel and is used with the one piece ignition.

That is basically the correct order and the 61 crankshafts will swap......but...course thread clutches are hard to come by in good condition...most show cracks in the nut head from over tightening......and that is the only clutch that will fit.....personally if I were going through the effort of splitting the cases and new mains/seals, I would find a fine thread crank with the cut flywheel keyway.......that way you end up with several clutch configurations to choose from.....

Latest posts

Back