Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's an 80 with a 90 top end........sure looks "Experienced".........I'd love to have that muffler.....but not $244.00 worth.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jonsereds-8...-video-rare-/271959687782?hash=item3f520f8266

Lol..."experienced" is being kind. Crazy starting place for a parts saw with undoubtedly many issues. That muffler has a custom made louver out of stainless(not even close to the original)....I like the design....wonder who did that? I may copy that design for myself. Here's a pic of a truly "experienced" 80 and one that has cut so much scale, it would scare away the eBay 80...lol. Notice the 'Holy Grail' mount at the bottom of the full-wrap. Yeah I know...that gusset job is the most awful welding I've just about ever seen. My son who is the welder, will fix that when he gets out. He was 'unavailable' when I had that done....and to think I paid for that...lol. I had an employee that threw some heavy stuff on top of the saw in the back of the truck and broke that wrap. He got fired too.

NCM_20140322_174534(1).JPG

621 fans, here's one for you. Craigslist seller willing to ship!

I'd be all over this one if cash flow was better right now :(

http://eauclaire.craigslist.org/tls/5145582724.html

Glad I didn't see that earlier. I don't have the space or time....but I would have bought it all...lol.

Oh yeah....I was gonna mention the story about my 621. I told the seller not to just throw it in a box loose and send it, because coming this far, the carrier would try to destroy it. Told him to at least bubble wrap and put some foam around it to immobilize the saw. When I got home one day, here was this box sitting on the front steps with a bar sticking out of the box about a ft and the saw dawgs sticking all the way through the box. I thought for sure it would be ruined. Opened the box and on two sides of the saw are some flimsy pieces of wrapping paper. Bar was unwrapped and free to float wherever it wanted to. Actually there was nothing to keep the bar from just totally pushing through the box. No damage....I was friggin' lucky on that one! He did exactly what I told him not to do....damaged and I would have had a full refund whether he liked it or not.

Kevin

Chain Saw Age Magazine - May 1981 - Jonsered introduces the incredible 510SP !

Also in this issue: The new Homelite 410, and a full page color ad for Alpina saws.

Jons 510sp CSA 1981.JPG

Glad I didn't see that earlier. I don't have the space or time....but I would have bought it all...lol.

Oh yeah....I was gonna mention the story about my 621. I told the seller not to just throw it in a box loose and send it, because coming this far, the carrier would try to destroy it. Told him to at least bubble wrap and put some foam around it to immobilize the saw. When I got home one day, here was this box sitting on the front steps with a bar sticking out of the box about a ft and the saw dawgs sticking all the way through the box. I thought for sure it would be ruined. Opened the box and on two sides of the saw are some flimsy pieces of wrapping paper. Bar was unwrapped and free to float wherever it wanted to. Actually there was nothing to keep the bar from just totally pushing through the box. No damage....I was friggin' lucky on that one! He did exactly what I told him not to do....damaged and I would have had a full refund whether he liked it or not.

Kevin

Other than that, how's the saw?

Other than that, how's the saw?

It's a nice, clean(well, I can see through the dirt) Jr version of the 80. I don't see any reason why I won't like this saw for my fencing business.

Cut a huge snag on the job site today that was potentially killing a group of healthy trees. Then drug it outa the creek with the work truck. The 80 made short work of all that. But then I had to leave because of the damn yellow jackets. I did find where they are living in the ground though....five stings yesterday and I'm declaring war on their underground village complex. Some diesel poured into that hole along with a tad of gas to ignite.....that should do it.

Kevin

I would say that would take care of the wasps. Good deal on the 621.

I had a go-around like this once before on my first farm in Chehalis, WA. Sat on one of those holes and took five stings in the butt before I even knew what happened. Poured the diesel in the hole and lit it with gas....not sure where I got the idea. But I sure enjoyed the nearly hr of carnage as they flew in and out of that hole dying...lol.

Excited about the 621 build....just like old home week, but a smaller cc saw.

Kevin

Kevin

Yep I've had 'em arrive like that too......bar sticking out the end of the box....have no idea how it managed to even stay with the saw!!!!

Yep I've had 'em arrive like that too......bar sticking out the end of the box....have no idea how it managed to even stay with the saw!!!!

Me either....for all I know it was shoved back in the box a few times....lol. Carrier saw the slit, pushed it back in like Excalibur.

It's not like I assumed anything, as I specifically asked him not to do that. I had a gut feeling when I didn't hear back that he was gonna send it 'dirty'. Sometimes they will write back and say, "Sorry, it's already packed up."....like they can't unpack it and do it right?

Kevin

Here's an "experienced" 80....lol! Pics are kinda dark, but she's been ridden hard and put away wet for sure. Does have the full wrap and what look like the west coast muffler, but the louver appears to be absent(screen intact). Starting kinda high, but who knows. Not sure why it has a decomp hole, don't see the decomp? Otherwise I'd say it has a 90 P&C. Maybe someone with better eyes can suss that out. Got some red spacers(maybe what's left of the clutch cover?), to hold the bar in place because the clutch cover is absent....hope no one ran it that way seriously.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-28-Jonsered-Model-80

Kevin

Latest posts

Back