Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to double post but I want to mention that I have 2 Jonsereds for sale.

1st very low hour 2186 for sale, near excellent/perfect condition, starts easy, revs, oils, idles better than new. See trading post or PM for more details. $600 pho shipped Continental USA

2nd is a Jonsered 2152 (not a C model), its a very well used saw, all complete not busted up just used. Have not tested the compression but pulls hard in both starting and in the cut. Really nice little saw just needs a good cleaning. I have not yet posted this one in the trading post but plan to latter today. $240 pho shipped continental USA

This is one of my brochures im selling on ebay, i picked up some nice pieces last week, score a complete dealer pack from 1984, included was a calender and different types of brochures (maybe a poster as well).
The man in the above pic (Denny) features in lots of advertising from that era, hes always holding a 910E or 920 super.

I have that same brochure. Here's the front and back covers. I keep it on the front counter folded out in a see- thru counter mat. Everyone that sees it the first time drops their jaw and has a comment.

001.jpg 001.jpg jonsered brochure 001.jpg

oop's thought I deleted that double pic

I have that same brochure. Here's the front and back covers. I keep it on the front counter folded out in a see- thru counter mat. Everyone that sees it the first time drops their jaw and has a comment.

View attachment 440991 View attachment 440991 View attachment 440996

oop's thought I deleted that double pic

Had a couple of yrs in OR and WA with a 2100 and a six ft bar where we took many Dougs like that...some even bigger root masses, with Silvey jacks and springboards.. Then the opportunity for more folded almost overnight, down to much smaller scale. Denny was lucky to be in them that late in the game. Probably a private timber sale. Personally, I'd like to see more hinge wood and stump shot, but nice Humboldt face cut.

Does it say in that lit what gauge bar he's using and the chain type? Kinda grainy, but looks like skip-tooth.

Kevin

You never know what will pop up on ebay and here's something I haven't seen. An 801 top cover without the decompression valve hole and rubber plug. I don't know if this is an early version before the 90 was introduced, or maybe early 90's did not have the decomp?

View attachment 440519 View attachment 440520

Hey Eric.....here's another 801 with that same cover.....I'd never seen one either...now two!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Jon...ice-Example-/161792892010?hash=item25ab9b9c6a

According to Acres, the 801 was out about 4yrs before the 90.....maybe the early models didn't have the hole?? Be nice to know the serials #'s of the saws in question...

Kevin
That sounds like a reasonable explanation to me......I have no idea what the overlap in the production of the 801 and 90 was.......

Here's a decent 90 on ebay, if you have to go that route. Looks very original sans the hand protector and the spark plug cover. Pull handle looks to be original and rotting....lol. Only three bidders so far, but will probably top $200 I'm guessing.

A lot of original paint showing, including most of the silver on the clutch cover. That was never a production saw in the woods...most likely homeowner/firewood .
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-jonsereds-90-chainsaw

Kevin

I have a pretty decent 490 that I'm going to be putting in the Tradin' post later today. Thought I'd give you guys a little notice in case you have been looking for one.

100_6561.JPG

100_6559.JPG

Yep I saw that 90..........about the nicest looking 90 I think I've seen......

It's got about a day left and looks like it will break well over $200, especially if someone is sniping.

My Arkansas 90 [was] almost that condition when I got 'er all cleaned up. But I've been leaning on 'er pretty hard.

Kevin

You'd think so, but the 90's are sleepers at present.....compared to the 111. I'm pretty sure as all the 111's get spoken for and given some more time, that will change.

Kevin
Maybe I'll toss s bid in and if I win it great. If not I'm good. I really would rather have a 930 super west coast

Latest posts

Back