Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cleaned up the saw and took a couple of pics while it was apart. Seems to run pretty good from what I can tell, not sure what to do with it? Painted a few parts and thinking about what's next.

Why eBay of course! Where the money flows like water in the streets....sometimes...lol.

Kevin
Acres site isn't always accurate, but it still is a good place to start looking for info on older saws. As far as I know, it was the 521EV that had heated handles - but I may be wrong, as I am not an expert on those saws....

Yeah I know, sometimes he nails it and sometimes not. Considering all the saw coverage in there, it's pretty remarkable that so much info is correct. EV always was the heated handles in any of the E saws that were followed by a 'V'.

Kevin

The 521E is how the saw is labeled, but a lot of the literature calls it the 521EV. All 521 have heated handles. It is similar to the 52E, but there are a number of differences. Robin has a full run down that he has posted here before. The big ones are the flywheel side case half and the ignition system.

Kind of a cool coil set up being in the recoil cover, the handles have electric to them but the switch is shot. Thanks for all of the info, I really knew nothing about this series and had a hard time finding anything.

Hi All
I just received my Jonsered 111 today.150803_002.jpg 150803_002.jpg One question,what made the Super 111 a Super?
And does anyone have some parts,i need a recoil spring,retaining screw and washers.And an air filter,and some dogs.
The oil tank on mine has a hole in it,whats the chance that cases are a dime a dozen.150803_006.jpg
Thanks for any info on the Super thing or parts.
Thomas

Hi All
I just received my Jonsered 111 today.View attachment 439308 View attachment 439308 One question,what made the Super 111 a Super?
And does anyone have some parts,i need a recoil spring,retaining screw and washers.And an air filter,and some dogs.
The oil tank on mine has a hole in it,whats the chance that cases are a dime a dozen.View attachment 439309
Thanks for any info on the Super thing or parts.
Thomas

This might be an option for you;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111-111s-Jonsered-/261992957564?hash=item3cffff467c

Thanks for the heads up Dean.
I think that the holes could be repaired if there was no other option.The PO said he was going to check with the PO to him if he has any parts left around his shop.
Seeing that i have never come across an 111 yet i would have bought it regardless of the holes.I have seen some great repairs done by welders on this site,so if i can find the other parts and a gasket kit i will probably restore this saw complete with new powder coating,and decals if possible.
If i go with a used set of cases then it will remain battle scarred.By the looks of the prices on used parts on the bay it would be easy to make my money back 3 or 4x by parting it out.
Thomas

Thanks for the heads up Dean.
I think that the holes could be repaired if there was no other option.The PO said he was going to check with the PO to him if he has any parts left around his shop.
Seeing that i have never come across an 111 yet i would have bought it regardless of the holes.I have seen some great repairs done by welders on this site,so if i can find the other parts and a gasket kit i will probably restore this saw complete with new powder coating,and decals if possible.
If i go with a used set of cases then it will remain battle scarred.By the looks of the prices on used parts on the bay it would be easy to make my money back 3 or 4x by parting it out.
Thomas

Yeah there are some amazing welders on this site and the 'other' that have done extraordinary things with mag case. That would be a challenge though, unless you could get to the other side...filling those holes.

Are you going to flip it or keep it? I hate to see these once great saws parted out, but the collectors have made the sum of individual parts many times what a completed saw will bring.

Kevin

No I'm keeping it,it's just one less 6 Cube to keep looking for.
The case splits so getting to the other side should be doable.I've got an Jonsered 80 that is in real ruff shape that could provide a filler piece for the hole if a person cut out all the bad metal.
Come winter I'll hopefully have some time to work on a few saws so they do more than just look pretty.
Thomas

Been a long time, Dean....what's up?

Kevin

I've just been a lurker recently, got laid off and haven't had the moolah for parts. Trolling eBay has become a tease especially when 111 parts come up for bid. :rare2:

But, on the bright side, my 621 runs great and my 90 runs great. I should be spending a little time on my 49ers soon, so hopefully I can get one of them in running condition. :yes:

The case splits so getting to the other side should be doable.I've got an Jonsered 80 that is in real ruff shape that could provide a filler piece for the hole if a person cut out all the bad metal.
Come winter I'll hopefully have some time to work on a few saws so they do more than just look pretty.
Thomas

Good luck with your project YS, don't forget about me if you bump into any 111 parts you don't need.

I think you're right Kev, that's exactly what I thought when I first saw the pics, that maybe it had water in it at one time.

I say that because of my ebay adventure with the 'underwater' 80 I bought. When I took off the P&C, I turned the saw upside down and water poured out like a bucket! There were so many corroded pieces on the saw that I didn't even get my money back in parts.

Kevin
I've just been a lurker recently, got laid off and haven't had the moolah for parts. Trolling eBay has become a tease especially when 111 parts come up for bid. :rare2:

But, on the bright side, my 621 runs great and my 90 runs great. I should be spending a little time on my 49ers soon, so hopefully I can get one of them in running condition. :yes:

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, Dean.:( But on the brighter side, sounds like you still have chainsaw fever or CAD, as they call it around here.:clap:

Kevin

Thomas

I like that idea better than filling it. Cut a mag piece that just fits after the holes are dressed up with like a die grinder. Weld the patch in properly, grind & sand flush. Enough finish work and with paint the patch could be invisible...or close to it.

In the market place for the 111/S, nobody gets too concerned about repairs as long as they finish out decently. It's not like the market place is flush with those saws. I've always wondered how many were actually shipped to NA. I mean hell, we could be talking about a thousand saws and maybe half of those survived.:surprised3:

Kevin

Hey Dean....Was wondering what became of you.....

Latest posts

Back