Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a chance today to look at the 50/51/52 flywheel fans. I took them off and held them all together and can see no difference. The OD, ID bolt pattern and thickness are all the same. The color and material appeared to be the same and I saw no markings of any kind on any of them. I would say they are fully interchangeable. They do have different mounting hardware. The 50/51 use a flat screw head and the 52 has the allen head. I didn't notice it, but there could be a slight difference in the recess where the screw sets down in and that is the only reason I could think why the part numbers are different.

I got a chance today to look at the 50/51/52 flywheel fans. I took them off and held them all together and can see no difference. The OD, ID bolt pattern and thickness are all the same. The color and material appeared to be the same and I saw no markings of any kind on any of them. I would say they are fully interchangeable. They do have different mounting hardware. The 50/51 use a flat screw head and the 52 has the allen head. I didn't notice it, but there could be a slight difference in the recess where the screw sets down in and that is the only reason I could think why the part numbers are different.

I had always assumed they were the same until this discussion and I found different part #s in the IPLs....odd.....

Very nice original saw...in fact those are like dream team finds....pretty high reserve, anxious to see where this one goes. I'd be really pissed if I bought this saw and found evidence of varnish from yrs of stale gas.

Dean where on ebay did you get those filter felts? Was it a one time deal or can you get more??

Hell yeah....WHERE are these to be found?? I gave up yrs ago....

Kevin

Dean where on ebay did you get those filter felts? Was it a one time deal or can you get more??

Bwwwwwwaaaaahahahahahahaah . . . . . . . . Some little saw shop in Erie PA had them. NO ****!!!!! :yes:
I just happened to do a search for "Jonsered felt fuel filter" and they popped up!!!!!!

I cleaned him out and bought all 12 for $18 :clap::givebeer::dancing::cheers::guitar::surprised3::barbecue::havingarest::rock2::blob2::happybanana:

Damn........on that find!! And yeah, stole them too.....

Ya know I have a couple of these in a wood's box, but always assumed they were for the Husky tank vent on the 2100. Now that I see those new, I'd better make sure they aren't some J'reds I picked up back in the 80's.

Kevin

I KNOW right???!!!!!??? Kinda stoked about that find.

btw - I see the site placed asterisks over my swear word for me. o_O

shiite.

"Family" site....although I've seen some really angry fussin' that was anything but "family" oriented in more than a few AS threads.

That's what I like about this thread;it's purely informative and everyone has been extremely well natured/respectful.

Kevin

That's because.......well........we're Jonsereds guys......always been a cut above the arguing rabble....everyone here knows that not one of us knows it all......seems to not be the way "out there"......lot of know-it-alls....not enough left for anyone else to know anything.....'course that don't go ovah well....

Threw the hardware in the US cleaner and hit ebay for jonsereds fuel filters.
Replacements came today;

View attachment 486251
I stopped using those because after I rebuilt the 70E it ran great. Then a few months later it stopped running right. Took carb apart and it had that felt element was breaking down and going downstream into the carb.

Brian

I stopped using those because after I rebuilt the 70E it ran great. Then a few months later it stopped running right. Took carb apart and it had that felt element was breaking down and going downstream into the carb.

Brian

Did you switch to a 'standard' FF, or figure out a replacement for the felt?

That's because.......well........we're Jonsereds guys......always been a cut above the arguing rabble....everyone here knows that not one of us knows it all......seems to not be the way "out there"......lot of know-it-alls....not enough left for anyone else to know anything.....'course that don't go ovah well....

I would totally agree with that. I haven't been in all the 'brand' threads, but the Husky thread can get especially nasty at times with a tendency to run very clannish....so can the Mac threads. And very true about the know-it-alls....I watch what they have to say about saws that were made when they were babies or not even born yet. Their knowledge of the old saws has only come in the last 15 or so yrs and it's all by definition second hand, since they didn't work them new.

What that does is almost completely stifle the passage of valid information.....just thankfully doesn't happen here.

Kevin

Brian

Hmmm...never seen that happen, even with old, old felt. I wouldn't think it possible/probable for the felt fibers to get through the sintered bronze filter element? I have seen the tank liner disintegrate and cause all kinda problems though. Ergo, I've cleaned a lot of junk off the outside of the felt, however.

Kevin

Back