Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.404 chisel chain is a tool...appropriate only in situations which it is meant for. Not really a big player in cord wood, small tree scale, or weekend warrior stuff. You see it mostly on pro saws and in decent PNW timber, which it was designed for.

I still use it because;
I have a lot of it left
Holds an edge the longest
Makes a wide cut very suitable for wedges
Cuts FAST in capable hands
Takes dirt & rock punishment better
More stable on the bar rail
Skip-tooth sharpens FAST in the field

Kevin

I think he meant $150.00 BIN or $100.00 starting bid....bur maybe not!! LOL!!

Here is one that I would be interested in if it were in a little better condition, a 930 Super and the heated handle switch wasn't broken.....If I were home and more flush on cash I might make an offer.......but I don't I need to be at 34.6 South Latitude and buying an old saw at 44 North Latitude....LOL!!! Another ugly duckling saw that I just have a good "feeling" about...I think it would clean up real nice...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Huge-87cc-J...535377?hash=item4655b37691:g:T2QAAOSw8w1X5t-d

I think he meant $150.00 BIN or $100.00 starting bid....bur maybe not!! LOL!!

Here is one that I would be interested in if it were in a little better condition, a 930 Super and the heated handle switch wasn't broken.....If I were home and more flush on cash I might make an offer.......but I don't I need to be at 34.6 South Latitude and buying an old saw at 44 North Latitude....LOL!!! Another ugly duckling saw that I just have a good "feeling" about...I think it would clean up real nice...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Huge-87cc-J...535377?hash=item4655b37691:g:T2QAAOSw8w1X5t-d
what's that thing weigh fueled with a bar

Brian

They, the 900 series, were quite a bit lighter than their immediate ancestors. Although the 920 & 930 are heavier/bulkier(the handles) than the 910.

Kevin

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

According to Acres.....which I wouldn't hold as gospel.....the 910 weighed 1.6 lbs less than the 930...powerhead only.....

According to Acres.....which I wouldn't hold as gospel.....the 910 weighed 1.6 lbs less than the 930...powerhead only.....
That sounds reasonable. As bad a design as the wrap and rear handle were on the 910, it got heavier and bulkier with the Partner/Husky influence on the 920/930.

I stop at the 910 as the last of the purely J'red saws, warts and all.

Kevin

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

I guess that would depend greatly how much bar you're talking......

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jonsered-ch...583465?hash=item282112f969:g:974AAOSwzaJX527Q

I'd love to have that...not sure I want to pay the shipping AND bid for it. That's 'Denny' with a 920, although I was told he hung onto his 910 for real work.....only guy I ever saw in a J'red ad that looked like a PNW logger....the folks the ad campaign was designed around.

I'm having some OS phone issues with my Android....trying to move pics around to my PC and post them....some pics of my last tree job and two J'red work saws.

Kevin

Well I was going to have an update for you guys but haven't gotten far on the 80/90.
vac/pressure past test
Oiler works with no bar on it
Now the chain 404 .050 82DL
started to sharpen 7/32 round file ( cutters are all over the place ) ok will need to put on grinder
than 2 left hand cutters in a row ( like the 70 DL on a poulan 20 in ) all good
6 cutters later 2 more left hand ? I went back and counted.
went to Husky dealer no 82 dl 404 in .050 can't make one all 404 is .063
and should only have 81 dl ok went home mounted bar and chain started fine
about half way through a tank bar starts to smoke . Turn it off oil hole in bar is plugged up with sawdust
cleaned it out found the oil adjustment ( Thanks to you guys ) on a 3 year old post
first pull it's running 6 inches of cord hanging out but it's running so I go to run the tank out cut up one more big round and
bar is starting to smoke turn it off pull the bar oil hole plugged so I put it away .
Got to order starter spring and most likely a bar and chains and drive sprocket make it 3/8
I did end the day with a smile . Ran 2 tanks through the 655bp it's an overkill but I like big saws
when I get this 80/90 going I hope it runs as well . I think the power is there

6/7/8 tooth witch would you put on a 28 inch bar 3/8 .050 ?
One more thing Oregon lists 196 mount but also see J red / husky 009 ?
what would you do ?
196 is the small Husky mount like my 362XP has. 009 is the big mount like my 65, 162, 266 and 268 all share. way different.

Brian

okay you are right 176 is the small one. maybe 196 and 009 are close to the same?

Brian

Back