Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both sound like they are four stroking. Sounds great. Next step is to try at both settings in wood. When you take those videos, make sure you give it 1/2 second or so full throttle before you start the cut so we can hear it clean up.
Good job.
Robin, you type too fast for me to catch up.

Not to worry. Idling along well at slow speed. Mine starts second pull when cold and one pull when warm and idles slowly with no stalling issues at all.
One of the best idling saws I have.
Neat machines.
Each saw will require a little different idle speed setting. Linkages wear and sometimes get a little bent. The location of the screw in or out is not something you should ever worry about. The killer is the high speed mix screw. It sounds like they are spot on.

Not to worry. Idling along well at slow speed. Mine starts second pull when cold and one pull when warm and idles slowly with no stalling issues at all.
One of the best idling saws I have.
Neat machines.
Each saw will require a little different idle speed setting. Linkages wear and sometimes get a little bent. The location of the screw in or out is not something you should ever worry about. The killer is the high speed mix screw. It sounds like they are spot on.
Good to know thanks for the help .
Have to cut over the weekend but will post

We should do something....otherwise, I'm inclined to stick a fork in someone's neck. Booze would definitely defuse that urge.....

Kevin
LOL.....Kev....lighten up a tad...Niko speaks in a global thing...and his research is equally as global......he has spent tens of thousands of hours researching a lot of what we discuss........there are saws run daily all over the planet...each area has different forests with different needs.....the PNW is only one rather small fraction of that. You guys cut the really large trees.......really large.....softwoods....other locals cut nearly as large hardwoods....way differing needs from saws and chains.....and addressing the chain/pitch/guage thing.......the old roller nose bars would run 3/8 or .404 as long as the guage was correct.......one is not dependent on the other as far as the bar itself is concerned......only the sprocket tip needs to be correct for the pitch of the chain.....and the bar for the guage........personally I run 0.058 on every saw I own.......I have one 0.050 bar......and that was my mistake in ordering.....

.058 is a very common gauge around me. All the Pioneer saws used that. Gauge seems to be a very regional thing. I have several Pioneer bars, all .058. It seems like most all of the older Poulans were .050 as were the Homelites.

So I know this might be a stupid question, but has anyone ever tried contacting IIDA Advanced Ignition Technology to see if they make an equivalent ignition system to the one that was used in the old Jonsereds E Models?

Here is the Jonsereds I spoke of with no spark:

Attachments

• 70E-1.JPG
    70E-1.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 15
  • 70E-2.JPG
    70E-2.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 14
  • 70E-3.JPG
    70E-3.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 15
  • 70E-4.JPG
    70E-4.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 12
Did you clean the contacts under recoil housing? This is what cantdog advised me to try first on my 66e wich is essentially the same saw. He was spot on in my case. ignition parts for these do pop up on ebay from time to time. just gotta keep lookin.
I checked them and they didn't look bad, so I wiped them off, and put a dab of oil on the contact on the case and put a washer in there to make sure they were making contact and still go no spark. But I was just doing a rough go over, I will need to be more thorough when I have more time.

Back